Why become a member? ×

AC DC + Axl Rose 1st gig

Stance

Just been to AC DC with Axl Rose on vocals, 1st show -More of a G n' R fan than Ac DC's, but what a great band these guys form - The sound was really good and LOUD (mind you we are takling about a crowd of 40.000 people, and the weather was pretty sh*tty - lots of rain and wind), so thumbs up for the sound technician!

AC DC are a tight crew - but I wanted to see if Axl could deliver it, and let me tell you - he still can do it!

Even if he spent the entire show sitting on a chair - he had a broken foot or something similar - he managed to get through the show with ease! I'm sure not many could have pulled that off, and still look as if it was none of his business.

My hat also goes off to Angus - with Axl stuck to a chair - and the other members of the band not moving anything except their armas and fingers, it was up to him to get the crowd's attention through out the 2 hour long set - he still acts like he's a school boy, and his sound was pure rock n' roll.

Kudos to Angus for his choice (that I'm sure it's not consensual) - all in all, I'm sure it's going to be a great tour!

Was talking to someone (who knows someone very close) to this situation and I asked was there any question that this line-up wouldn't work...
and the answer was a categoric NO.

Tooooooooooooooo much money involved for it not to happen.

Whether that is a good thing for AC/DC..?? well, it is a business first and foremost.

Edited by JTUK

From the clips I`ve seen on Youtube, I think Axls voice works fine for AC/DC. Funnily enough I think he sounds better now on their material than on G`NR material, as his voice, understandably enough, is not as strong as it was when he recorded those classics.

It is good to hear that it works from someone who has actually been to one of the shows as well. Loads of people knocking this without hearing anything. Sure Axl has a reputation of being difficult, but take that out of the equation - as am sure AC/DC will have protected themselves enough contactually for this - and let the music and vocs sing out for themselves.

I think it is a win win situation to everyone - they don't need no more bad publicity - AC DC with its drummer being accused of murder and with Brian Johnson out without having any choice to say he didn't want it this way. And then AxL /G n' R - he's been away for too long, and been accused of being mentally unstable - so here's the chance of prooving he still is one of rock's greatest singer, and that he can get along with other musicians (besides his handpicked band)

On Wednesday night some fans caught him walking around Lisbon and even interviewed him and took some pics - he was in a great mood :)

If they continue to leave their egos at the stage entrance, everyone will have a night to remember :)

Ha just seen a vid from Lisbon and Im impressed with this vocals....cant help thinking thats exactly how Bon Scott would have sounded today as an older man..ie mega gravelly and u have to hand it to Angus, he's amazing for his age...still a great band.

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1462711322' post='3045051']
I've seen the footage, and I thought it wasn't good at all. Fat Axl sitting down, they're going through the motions. All about the money.
[/quote]

I wanna see other singers going through a 2-hour long set of AC DC songs without being able to move from the waist down, and see if they can do better - but I agree with you that there's a money factor surrounding all of this

There's dozens who could...but where would be the cash in a more talented, more dynamic no-name replacement? Journey went the right way, they got a guy in who could do the songs real justice and went from there, but there's so little left of ACDC these days that they've propped the cash machine up with another name.

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1462715773' post='3045101']
There's dozens who could...but where would be the cash in a more talented, more dynamic no-name replacement? Journey went the right way, they got a guy in who could do the songs real justice and went from there, but there's so little left of ACDC these days that they've propped the cash machine up with another name.
[/quote]

Yeah - they had to make sure that BJ's replacement wouldn´t make people go running to the box office asking to get their money back,,

Still, choosing Axl's - who's been known to be a Primadonna - is quite a balsy moove.