Why become a member? ×

"jangly" noise from cab

Si600

Last night during band practice I heard a sort of jangly noise from my cab, it appears around a high F (3rd on D) so maybe frequency based.

The cab is a GK MB212, rated at 600 according to the sticker on the back and I run it with the horn switch in the off position. I got if from someone on here, danged if I can remember who, they painted the grill black so if you know who you are speak up!

I'm using a GK MB500 Fusion with the gain on B almost all the way up but the master volumes are nowhere near loud, not even earplug loud last night.

The signal goes through a tuner - GE-7B - ODB-3 - MS70B - Nova Dynamics Compressor

Any idea what may have happened, and is it serious?

I'm assuming that if one of the speakers is breaking then replacement is better sooner rather than later?

I'd start with loose components too. The front grill is usually a menace - you could remove it completely to check that and if the rattles carry on without it, at least you'l be ready to look for the next loose component inside.