Why become a member? ×

Tuning Keys for Guitar and Bass, Bass Bridge and other hardware.
£50

Right handed guitar - 2 pin fitment type - practically brand new - £20 delivered

Nickel bridge, no screws £13 delivered

Two sets of 'Japan' Elephant Ear tuners. Top set is more nickel than chrome and came off a non-export CIJ Fender P £22 delivered

Set below is made by Wilkinson - very good keys, used, come with ferules as pictured. 5 string set £25 delivered

Gold Tuning Key screws and P Bass style Gold ferules (if that's what you call them!!) Great for sprucing up or upgrading. £5 delivered.

All prices include UK shipping.

[quote name='Moos3h' timestamp='1459888165' post='3020669']
Do you know if the wilko Tuners can be reversed so I could use them in 3+1?
[/quote]

I've never tried it but yes I think they can!

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1467032095' post='3080600']
They can. I've done it.
[/quote]

Wow! I actually forgot all about this! The Wilko keys are still here. Thanks Grangur!

[quote name='Jono Bolton' timestamp='1467119495' post='3081296']
I thought it would be; the spacing between the screws on the Squier CV bridge is slightly wider than standard, so it likely wont fit without a fill/re-drill.
[/quote]

I understand that to be true too yup, sorry!

[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1467191932' post='3081736']
Any idea odf the size of the bushes on the Wilkinson tuners?
Looking for a set for a 5 String Squire CV P Bass.
[/quote]

I found this which I believe to be the same units: http://www.guitar-parts-depot.com/uploadfiles/2007421213913513.gif

[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1467191932' post='3081736']
Any idea odf the size of the bushes on the Wilkinson tuners?
Looking for a set for a 5 String Squire CV P Bass.
[/quote]
I'm also looking for tuners for a bass with a Squier-sized headstock. So I believe, like mine, you would need to ream the holes in the body to be a little larger. That said, I did find the Wilkinson spigots fitted neatly into to bushes from the original tuners.

The problem I have, though, is the headstock on my bass is the same size as the Squier one - too small to take the Wilkinsons, unless you're prepared to ream off a mm or 2 on each end of the plate.

Fenders have bigger headstocks than Squiers. So regrettably the Wilkinsons are really suited to a Fender.

What I have found is the Grover Vintage style:
https://www.grotro.com/Grover/BASS

They're the right size for a smaller headstock. But they sell in the UK for £60. This might be a tiny bit rich for a Squier or similar.
Sorry if this is negative to your sale, Dood. But I know you're an honest and open guy.

GLWTS

If it's a Squier Vintage Modified P5 (there aren't any Classic Vibe fivers as far as I know), the machine heads are the same as those on the Mexican Standards. Some Squiers have smaller headstocks, but I think the VMs would have the same headstock size as a Fender; I know both my CV and Matt Freeman do. Looking at the 4-string version, there's more than enough room for the Wilkinsons but they'd not fit on the 5-string.

[quote name='Jono Bolton' timestamp='1467199234' post='3081815']
If it's a Squier Vintage Modified P5 (there aren't any Classic Vibe fivers as far as I know), the machine heads are the same as those on the Mexican Standards. Some Squiers have smaller headstocks, but I think the VMs would have the same headstock size as a Fender; I know both my CV and Matt Freeman do. Looking at the 4-string version, there's more than enough room for the Wilkinsons but they'd not fit on the 5-string.
[/quote]
My bad, it is indeed a Vintage Modified P5.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1467195766' post='3081782']
I'm also looking for tuners for a bass with a Squier-sized headstock. So I believe, like mine, you would need to ream the holes in the body to be a little larger. That said, I did find the Wilkinson spigots fitted neatly into to bushes from the original tuners.

The problem I have, though, is the headstock on my bass is the same size as the Squier one - too small to take the Wilkinsons, unless you're prepared to ream off a mm or 2 on each end of the plate.

Fenders have bigger headstocks than Squiers. So regrettably the Wilkinsons are really suited to a Fender.

What I have found is the Grover Vintage style:
[url="https://www.grotro.com/Grover/BASS"]https://www.grotro.com/Grover/BASS[/url]

They're the right size for a smaller headstock. But they sell in the UK for £60. This might be a tiny bit rich for a Squier or similar.
Sorry if this is negative to your sale, Dood. But I know you're an honest and open guy.

GLWTS
[/quote]
[quote name='Jono Bolton' timestamp='1467199234' post='3081815']
[/quote]

This is really helpful actually, thank you. I genuinely didn't know that Squiers had smaller headstocks! Different shape yes, but smaller I hadn't realised. Come to think of it, I've never actually owned a Squier either!

Cheers peeps :)