Why become a member? ×

Soundcloud moan

I don't suscribe, and only joined soundcloud to enter the noodle comp a month or so ago.

If you are logged in, you should see along the top of the screen(left to right) home,collection, search box, upload, username dropdown menu, bell, envelope, three dots.
Clicking upload should take you to a new screen with a big orange 'pick a file to upload' button in the middle of it.
When you upload a file, it takes a while to upload and then another while to process.

If you can't access this basic website functionality, then maybe the problem is an issue with your browser (or a plugin) - I use noscript, and have to remember to enable another website other than soundcloud for the uploading process to work, otherwise it stalls during the upload process.

Hiya

Can't tell some key info from your pic. Are you logged into Soundcloud? Mine is setup to login automatically to my Profile page but sometimes it resets itself and i have to re-enter password - 1st world problem :-)

Is the URL what you would expect to see?

A quick resolution might be to try a different browser? I used Internet Explorer for ages then changed to Mozilla and have been using that which works well on an old Windows 7 laptop.

[attachment=216659:Soundcloud.JPG]

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1460314660' post='3024609']
Thanks again folks . I'm using safari mainly, but did download Firefox so I may use that instead.
Mac OS X snow leopard ;) Tired now can't remember what 10. Something or other ;)
[/quote]

Snow leopard, maybe that's it ?

It works fine now with El Capitan, maybe whatever they've done means it doesn't work right with previous OS ?

It looks like the layout is all messed up. Could be an issue with Safari. It seems to be the most troublesome browser these days when it comes to web development. Try Firefox or Chrome (or any other alternative browser) to see if it looks normal in them. If so, see about updating Safari although I think Safari updates are hooked into OSX versions these days? Reminds me of the bad old days of Internet Explorer!

Without being able to see a proper screen grab of the page, it's very difficult to tell what is going on. However I suspect that your browser version is too old to support the latest version of Soundcloud. Since Safari is very much tied to the OS version that might not be possible.

What version of Mac OS are you on and what version of Safari?

In the short term it might be easier to use a different browser such as Firefox or Chrome (although IIRC Chrome is also tied to the OS as it also uses Webkit for a lot of it's functionality).

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1460471801' post='3025991']
Without being able to see a proper screen grab of the page, it's very difficult to tell what is going on. However I suspect that your browser version is too old to support the latest version of Soundcloud. Since Safari is very much tied to the OS version that might not be possible.

What version of Mac OS are you on and what version of Safari?

In the short term it might be easier to use a different browser such as Firefox or Chrome (although IIRC Chrome is also tied to the OS as it also uses Webkit for a lot of it's functionality).
[/quote]

He's using snow leopard. What you've said is along the lines of what I said yesterday. Soundcloud didn't work for me when I started using El Capitan. It does now, so I suspect soundcloud have done a fix to support El Capitan, but previous OSs don't work like they should.