Why become a member? ×

Old-school Warwick Streamer 6

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warwick-Streamer-Bass-/281977845837"]http://www.ebay.co.u...s-/281977845837[/url]

struck me as cheap-ish at first, but actually this one has been modded - not sure about that extra input jack on the front... so maybe fair price.

but likely to be a great sounding instrument!

Edited by roman_sub

Yep it is what it says. Also has a replacement nut, extra pot (+ existing pot-hole filled) added poss for 3 band EQ (this would likely have been 2 band EQ in 1990), is it a top mounted output or is it a snapped off pot shaft? I'd ask about the line/potential crack from the 6th tuner. Pups may well be original as Barts were an option and the routing looks correct. Fingerboard is ebony as opposed to usual wenge but this could be a custom order bass due to it being an early sixer.

Is it me or does that look like the fingerboard has been replaced? Warwicks usually have a scalloped type edge where it meets the body?

Check the neck is straight and truss rod is ok too if possible.

Yeah well spotted looks like a replacement fingerboard.
[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1459120132' post='3013730']
Is it me or does that look like the fingerboard has been replaced? Warwicks usually have a scalloped type edge where it meets the body?

Check the neck is straight and truss rod is ok too if possible.
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1459120132' post='3013730']
[/quote]

A good point, and those frets don't look like bell brass.

And he doesn't mention the battery compartment - that needs a bit of work.

Would have been a good price if in original condition but the pot replacement, input jack and what seems to be a fretboard replacement means it's a no from me. In that condition I personally think it should be going for a few hundred quid less but that's just my opinion.

Edited by funkyjimbob