Why become a member? ×

Pedal board recommendations?

SwamiRob

Gonna get a board cos i wanna be able to set up quicker for gigs, and was wondering if this was any good? http://www.djmmusic.com/p-3579-kinsman-ultima-abs-pedal-board-case.aspx?gclid=CMKxrPSixcsCFQo6GwodpNENVQ

That looks ideal but my primary concern is I can't see how padded the top is, the one thing that worries me about them is everything banging about all over the place and I ideally wanna use it so I can scrap having a bad of effects and leads and stuff and just take my bass and a pedal board for practise and gigs.

Also if anyone has a better recommendation that'd be ace!

I use an SKB board which I got from Bass Direct. It comes with a power supply and 8 or 9 9v power outlets. Have used it for 4 years without a single problem. It has a covering which takes Velcro on the underneath of pedals too. Think I paid around £80 but probably dearer by now. Good piece of kit and also has a gig bag.

Just to clarify I need something cheap and I have a power brick already! Cheers though, basically I want it as a glorified gig bag that I can keep my comp, tuner and always on compressor ready setup that they won't rattle about inside of, and has room for jack and power leads. That one I posted seemed ok but my major worry about any of them is the pedals staying put when you're moving it.

I have used a pedal case like the one you show and I found the pedals did not stay in place with any sort of knock. I also found the felt liner lifted off the case base after a bit. In the end I made a simple wooden framework following the pedal train layout and used proper Velcro tape, and also cable ties for the power brick. This was a tight push fit in the base and generally worked. These days I just use a Pedaltrain Nano and a cheap TK Maxx rucksack for everything else.

Ok looks like I might have to actually spend some money then, never mind, cheers for steering me clear of that cheap one

If I had any sort of DIY skills I'd be up for building my own, but it'd need to be the more traditional style as I want it to use as a case, and I I'm only gonna be using 3 pedals and maybe a foot switch, so don't need the big open style of pedal board. Cheers for the link though, looks solid if you need something like that.

Anything that's not gonna destroy my bank balance in the non-powered hardware kinda style that I can just leave setup to plug and play and not worry about smashed pedals when I'm moving it about?

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/cases_for_guitar_effects_guitars.html?filter=true&manufacturer"]http://www.thomann.d...ue[/url][0]=Harley%20Benton

Follow that link and then choose Harley Benton on the side of the page. For some reason I cannot link directly. I have just bought a 60XL one and it is great. Sadly too big for me so it is going back, but it is great!

Edited by owen