Why become a member? ×

MTD 635

Josh

I just took delivery of this beaut from Ari:

What we've got here is a MTD USA 635, an Ash body with a lovely figured Walnut Burl top, and an Ash neck with a Maple fingerboard. I've got it tuned a full step down and it as expected, just plays itself.

A few new pics of my 535:

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='289299' date='Sep 22 2008, 04:58 PM']Nice, Josh! After the quantity you absolutely raved about the 5-stringer I knew you'd be hooked and getting another one! Is this your first sixer? I love my Yamaha TRB-6 & wouldn't be without it for certain jobs :)[/quote]

I had a little widdle on the 535 after a long go on the 635, it feels even easier now. I've borrowed a Dean Edge 6 string for a short while at leat 2 years ago and I got along with it, but that was for the novelty of tapping and shredding, but I really like the feel of it, yeah of course slapping is a little strange still but I'll be fine in a few days, and the tone is just amazing. It's different to the 535, but they both have a hi-fi snappy sound to them, both warm and growly, the 635 has almsot a P-Bass thump to it but with oh so much more tone surrounding it.

[quote name='solofunkyjazz' post='289303' date='Sep 22 2008, 05:01 PM']If you decide to sell that at any time, then please let me know, I'd love a 6 string MTD.[/quote]

Keep your eyes on this man:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Michael-Tobias-Bass-MTD-635-Bartolini-PUs-635-24_W0QQitemZ250294965853QQihZ015QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]Danish 635.[/url]

The price it's at now is how much Ari sold this one to me for.

Edited by Josh

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='416535' date='Feb 22 2009, 11:07 AM']I must ask, how could you possibly ever find time to play on guitar hero when you've got those 2 beauties?![/quote]

Well just the one now, Molans got the other one. And thanks for reminding to buy it again when the Metallica version comes out!