Why become a member? ×

The erm...."spunky" Bass

KennysFord

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='303219' date='Oct 9 2008, 06:10 PM']seems i was asking a bit much for the neck to be the right colour.
i ordered the one with the lighter coloured neck and the darker one is en route.
Please somebody tell me its as nice.........Pleeeeeeeease. :)[/quote]

Looks the mutt's nuts either way, mate.

Rosewood can vary quite alot anyway. Also the lighting in those shots is totally different, so that's not helping either.

[quote name='rjb' post='305610' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:47 PM']Looks the mutt's nuts either way, mate.

Rosewood can vary quite alot anyway. Also the lighting in those shots is totally different, so that's not helping either.[/quote]

they could have easily photoshop'd it to make it look more your style but at least they seem honest. and tis the nature of wood.

Well he's here and the good news is that there was no duty to pay.
The even better news is that there's no transit damage,the body colour is beaut.Ive waited to till daylight for he photo's and it was worth it.
The body is allmost cream in colour,hopefully the pics will do it justice.The neck/body fit is as good as ive seen and the binding is spot on.The frets are well finished with no sharp edges at all.The neck has a satin finish,very smooth and it's slightly thicker in depth than your average jazz but it feels great.
Ive given him a good look over in daylight this morning and to be honest the ATD on this bass is bloody good.As an an example the logo on the headstock,i thought it was stuck on after the fact,it looks like it from the pics.Its actually under the lacquer but you cant feel it in the finish,how long must that have taken to apply and level out, at £285 delivered this is an absolute bargain.The tone is great,plenty of mids and its a real growler.To top it off all/icing on the cake it's arrived in a good quality/very attractive looking kakhi gig bag,polishing cloth and tools included.
I'm one happy bunny. :)

Edited by kennyrodg

cheers guys,
I realise i'm in danger of raving a bit too much about it but to be honest i'm really impressed with it and chuffed to bits i got it.Its a joy to play and although i hav'nt heard it my rig yet it sounds great through the roland DB500.
The action is spot on,its intonated perfectly,the neck and body finish are both pefect.Ive looked for shortcomings and i'm being very picky when i say the tuners feel a little bit gritty and i'll prolly upgrade the bridge sometime,apart from there just arent any...at all. Unless ive been very lucky with this particular bass there are worse ways to spend sub £300 on a bass.I should also point out that 60 odd quid of the £285 was delivery costs.
Highly recomended. :)

Edited by kennyrodg

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='309609' date='Oct 19 2008, 12:22 AM']cheers guys,
I realise i'm in danger of raving a bit too much about it but to be honest i'm really impressed with it and chuffed to bits i got it.Its a joy to play and although i hav'nt heard it my rig yet it sounds great through the roland DB500.
The action is spot on,its intonated perfectly,the neck and body finish are both pefect.Ive looked for shortcomings and i'm being very picky when i say the tuners feel a little bit gritty and i'll prolly upgrade the bridge sometime,apart from there just arent any...at all. Unless ive been very lucky with this particular bass there are worse ways to spend sub £300 on a bass.I should also point out that 60 odd quid of the £285 was delivery costs.
Highly recomended. :)[/quote]

got to say that looks awesome. does it sound as good as the one on the web vids?
for that money i would be tempted to take the plunge for one. so the actual price was just £225 then. bargin

Hey lowhand_mike.
The sound i'm getting is not far of compared to the vids.I didnt take to the fender strings the bass came with,the tone was good i didnt like the feel.Ive restrung it with sunbeams and the tone is lovely and warm with the bridge backed of about a third.The more i play it the better i like it to be honest.I suppose you'd have to have the same strings as the vid but i can get it as near as dammit with the DR's.I'll be trying thru' the rig tonight so it'll be a good test for the shielding.
As for the price it was $500 including the shipping which was a $100.
I'd have to agree.......Bargain

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='349046' date='Dec 8 2008, 08:56 PM']High AM1.
from start to finish it took a week.[/quote]

Wow, so you can get Spunky within a week :-)

Sorry, could not resist.

Coat on, running for the door!

:)

No seriously, I'm really, reallly getting into the Spunky sound, I think I'll be joining you as a Spunkster soon :huh:

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='350296' date='Dec 9 2008, 11:33 PM']Just woul'dnt be the same if they changed the name though would it :huh:[/quote]

Damn...

The spunky Bass I really liked is sold out for six weeks. I thought Santa was going to bring it :)

Anyway...here's one that's not shown on the website..

EDIT - forgot to say this one is 446 US$

Cheers
AM

Edited by AM1