Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn - Now putting fretless neck on - will sell the mint, US P neck separately
£745

Marc S

[font=Arial, sans-serif][b]Price drop £700 [/b][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]For sale, only due to me getting a superb Roadworn P bass last weekend.
This US Precision is in Oly white, and yellowing slightly (and nicely IMO).In near mint condition, there's some slight "fogging" on the scratchplate, and hardly a mark on the rest of this bass - You could almost hang it in the shop as new

C- shape / profile neck, which actually won me back over to P basses. I don't like wide and chunky necks, but this is slim
On one of the photos, it looks like there's some discolouration on the neck finish, but there's nothing you can feel
It's simply the colour of the wood. Frets in great condition.

Bought not too long ago from Old Horse Murphy of this very forum. Hardly taken out of the house, except as backup, and at shows, rather than pub gigs. Smoke free home.. Sorry, I don't have scales (before the obvious question) but this is the lightest feeling bass I have. Lighter than my Squier CV. [/font]Price is negotiable, when bought with case.....
[font=Arial, sans-serif]It's a Fender Red-Badge shaped bass case, which is also hardly marked, no scuffs. I believe the red badge cases (from the 90's) are also quite collectible in their own right. Tho sale of case with the bass is not imperative...[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Not really looking for trades on this BUT, I might go for a MIM / MIJ or Squier Fretless Jazz, with cash my way
Collect from Cardiff - or possibly arrange a meet somewhere not too far[/font]

I'm having trouble loading the images to Imgur today (& yesterday) so hope this link works
If not, PM me your email, and I'll send you some pics

[url="http://imgur.com/a/izxPX"]http://imgur.com/a/izxPX[/url]

EDIT: Please can someone let me know if you CAN see the images from that link? Ta

Edited by Marc S

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1456225939' post='2986742']
Images are there for me. Like Marc said its looks like a new one!
[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know Dazed - I can't understand why imgur worked perfectly for another thread yesterday.... then wouldn't
Condition is thanks to Old Horse Murphy (I honestly wouldn't sell this if I hadn't bought the roadworn)

Bumpity bump.
Still looking for a sale on this bass ideally
But I have possible interest from elsewhere, involving a swap for a US fretless pending

I'd prefer a trade for MIM / MIJ or squier fretless jazz or PJ, with cash my way

So what have you got? Any poss trades, before I swap this bass?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last bump, and price drop to £700
If i don't get a sale or trade on a fretless for this, I've got 2 possible courses of action;

1. I've been offered a straight swap for a near mint US stratocaster (similar age to this p)
I don't play much guitar, but this might encourage me, and I can flog the cheap guitar I already have

2. I could always de-fret this bass, after all, its a lovely bass
But this is drastic action, as the frets are unmarked / unworn

Which is it to be? Or is someone gonna buy / trade a fretless for this superb P bass?

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1460489855' post='3026252']
The serial Number in the picture dates it to 2008/2009.
[/quote]

Thanks for that Hobbayne. It's 2008
The more I think about this bass, the more I ask myself
"Why is a superb Fender P, in classic colour combination, and in such great condition not selling?"

I picked it up earlier and thought I'm more & more tempted to de-fret this bass....

Bump, before I do....

Edited by Marc S

I am quite frankly amazed that this bass is still here at this price. If I didn't already have three precisions I would be adding this one to my arsenal. Surely, people aren't waiting for further price reductions. There comes a point where it's just unfair to expect a bass of this quality and condition to cost any less. If this bass was being offered by a guitar store it would cost a good bit more.

Thanks for your suggestion above thebuckets
I have found a US P bass fretless neck on this very forum
However, I really don't need another fretted P bass, or the neck of
So if all goes well, I will sell the fretted neck from this bass, in order to recoup some costs
I'll advertise the neck in due course - but anyone interested in a US P neck in near mint condition, going cheap - PM me :)