Why become a member? ×

Van Security

Kevin Dean

I'm a Safe & vault engineer by trade I specialize in picking locks & designing them . Over the past few weeks 25 Ford vans have had the contents stolen just in my area .All of these Vans had the Ford Tibbe type lock used mainly between 1994 -2012 models . In my opinion it is someone that has bought a tool sold on Ebay & has been practicing . I can pick these locks in 5 seconds(not all).
I would strongly advise to upgrade your locks to anything that is CEN grade6 or Sold Secure , If you fit dead locks make sure the cylinders are anti snap/drilll/bump.Personally I wouldn't go for slam locks because it's to easy to lock your keys in the van :(.
Another tool used is a blocker this blocks the signal from your remote when locking the door , Always check the doors after locking or use the actual key to lock the van.

[quote name='colgraff' timestamp='1455983024' post='2984263']
On those few occasions when I have owned a van, the best form of security was to park it with the rear door hard against the wall of my house. Granted, that isn't an option for everyone, though.
[/quote]

You'd need a HUUUGE house if everyone did.