Why become a member? ×

Billy Sheehan - Glasgow Clinic

Bassmonster

• 2 weeks later...

billy was phenomenal last night!

think he should start-up a comedy act - 'One man and his bass'!

His stories were hilarious, easy to talk to and ask questions plus, his usually standard of playing was on show.

Your in for a treat in Birmingham tonight folks - simply superb evening in Glasgow! :)

andy

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='300431' date='Oct 6 2008, 12:58 PM'][size=3][b]I've turned into my dad[/b][/size]... "How are you supposed to sing along to that rubbish?". Not my cup of tea I'm afraid all the same.[/quote]

yep - me too! :)

[quote name='3V17C' post='300227' date='Oct 6 2008, 12:14 AM']heres some of what you missed!....

peace

c[/quote]
I think you must have been standing right in front of me- and I'm pretty sure I spotted 7string in his signed denim number too. Good night all round, and he does seem like a lovely chap.

Yup, I was there last night. I did have the jacket and I walk with a couple of sticks, so pretty easy to spot me in a crowd :)

Billy was on good form last night and I throughly enjoyed it. It was the first time my wife had seen him play and even though she's not a musician, enjoyed the music and the banter. After Birmingham tonight, Billy flies to Shanghal for Wednesday, then goes on to Hong Kong, Australian, Indonesia, Singapore and ends up in Canada at the beginning of next month. A whole round the world tour promoting Yamaha in general, the new BB714BS bass and his new album "Holy Cow".

I first had the jacket signed in 1991 (I think) at a Bass Clinic at the old Bass Centre in London. Billy was kind enought to sign it and put the big "Mr Big" writing on it. All the members of Mr.Big signed it in 1992 (I think, all gets a bit hazy, so many years ago) and Mr. Sheehan added another signature and the arrow pointing to the character "Mr. Big". Around 1997 or so at another clinic in Manchester Billy added the "Yee Haw"at the bottom.

Even from the first signature I was worried about the writing fading on it. So instead of going over it in another pen, my Mum went over the signatures in black thread. She then went a step further and embrodered the Mr.Big character (the big hat and small feet) onto it as well. One day, she'll have to finish the job!!

The jacket will now be retired and hung on the wall of my music room :huh:

Edited by 7string