Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Warwick Thumb NT4 1989 - SOLD
£1475

Scooby

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Here is a virtually immaculate Thumb NT 4 from 1989. There is hardly a blemish anywhere. Close up pictures are available on request. [/font][/color][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The details: 34", 18mm string spacing at the bridge (adjustable), 38mm top nut, EMG pups and circuitry weighs 4.7kg and comes with a brand new Warwick Rockbag, User Kit with unused polish, cloth, padlock and all tools.[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]This is an absolute beauty and sounds wonderful with that Thumb growl that you can only really get with the early Thumbs. It has a super slim neck profile and simply feels silky smooth.[/font][/color]

Edited by Scooby

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick bit of general info, these basses have removable truss rods. No tech needed, simply remove the cover, loosen the rod all he way and pull right out. To replace simply grease up and slide the new one in. Easy peasy, not as menacing as most truss rod repairs/replacements! :)

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1456859917' post='2993004']
Just a quick bit of general info, these basses have removable truss rods. No tech needed, simply remove the cover, loosen the rod all he way and pull right out. To replace simply grease up and slide the new one in. Easy peasy, not as menacing as most truss rod repairs/replacements! :)
[/quote]

In an ideal world, and after watching a Warwick video on truss rod removal, yes, all a doddle. However, this truss rod was well and truly 'stuck'. A very common occurrence which requires skilled, Techie help! Totally foolhardy to try and remove a stubborn truss rod yourself. No amount of video tuition can replace years of experience built up by a skilled luthier. Anyway, at an approximate 4.7kg according to my luggage scales, here are some more pics...

Edited by Scooby

[quote name='Scooby' timestamp='1456911804' post='2993380']

In an ideal world, and after watching a Warwick video on truss rod removal, yes, all a doddle. However, years of idleness rendered a truss rod well and truly 'stuck'. A very common occurrence which requires skilled, Techie help! Totally foolhardy to try and remove the truss rod yourself. No amount of video tuition can replace years of experience built up by a skilled luthier. Anyway, some more pics... :)
[/quote]

My comments were based on experience and not watching a video :) (the Thumb I bought off you years ago, as it happens!)

Out of curiosity then, what work was required to get the stuck old rod removed?

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1456928116' post='2993632']
My comments were based on experience and not watching a video :) (the Thumb I bought off you years ago, as it happens!)

Out of curiosity then, what work was required to get the stuck old rod removed?
[/quote]

Cheers, Kev. I've heard of too many horror stories of people attacking a truss rod simply because they've seen or been told it should be a piece of cake and then wondered why they were having so much hassle. In this instance a trip to a luthier was well worth the effort and saved me a lot of sweat with a lump hammer :lol:

Edited by Scooby

Quite unexpectedly, a bass has become available here on Basschat that I've desired for ever! So, for a couple of days - or until the other bass is sold - the Thumb is available for a Cash price of £1200. No offers please as this is a bargain for a superb instrument. :)

MB1.
Post Edit
All enquiries regarding this item need to be PMD to the seller
who will reply to any questions you wish to ask by PM
Anything you'd like to ask me
PM MB1....Don't Post it here!
Thanks
Martin.

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1457109513' post='2995491']
MB1.
Post Edit
All enquiries regarding this item need to be PMD to the seller