Why become a member? ×

SOLD mid 80s Fender Jazz Bass Special, MIJ, 32" scale, all black, PJ-535 £375 posted
£420

Paul S

Here we have my Fender Jazz Bass Special made by Fugi-gen for Fender, Japan, between '84-87. Passive bass, P/J pickup configuration with slanted pickups. A very rare 32" scale and, I believe, non-export model that I imported from Japan a shortish while ago.

Black everything except strings and dot markers. Deep glossy black finish has some surface scratching here and there but otherwise you could hang it on the wall and use it as a mirror. Bit of buckle rash and dink on the back, bit of paint missing at the bottom curve. Jazz width neck 38mm at the nut, very shallow. Scaled down body that looks in proportion with the neck. F logo control knobs which are vol/tone/tone with a toggle pup select switch. Overall in excellent, especially for a 30 year old bass. Very little fret wear. P pup sounds somewhere between vintage and SD 1/4 pounder - bit of aggression in there. J sounds like a J. P/J sounds lovely - dark and deep but still burpy. Weighs a ridiculous [s]7lbs[/s] 7.5lbs/3.4kg on my luggage scales.

I have taken a couple of pics but link to these 100 or so taken by the original seller that are still in cyber land.
[url="https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4A2gt4c6rAxMDVuckdjVXJJTHc&usp=sharing"]https://drive.google...THc&usp=sharing[/url]

No change since then other than the leatherette gig bag has gone.
[attachment=210349:JBS1.jpg] [attachment=210350:JBS2.jpg]

This is an eye catching, drop dead gorgeous and very, very rare thing. So why am I selling it? A recently acquired Squier JV Precision has caused a bit of turbulence at Casa S and I find I don't want to use anything much else at the moment.

I am asking [s]£420[/s] [s]£400[/s] collected from SS7, which is Benfleet on the south Essex Riviera. Fully insured overnight courier would be another £25. I could deliver with reason or meet half way for fuel costs.

[s]Now £375 collected or £400 posted[/s]. Now £375 posted to UK mainland, £350 collected.

Edited by Paul S

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Merton, Glorious indeed!

Keith - could meet up for a natter and a cup of horlicks somewhere anyway if you have a spare hour? I wonder if Steve might be free also.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1457089602' post='2995159']
Yes, Merton, Glorious indeed!

Keith - could meet up for a natter and a cup of horlicks somewhere anyway if you have a spare hour? I wonder if Steve might be free also.
[/quote]

That's a thought. I'll mail him. It all depends on how the rest of the trip goes though (Mother in law / son / daughter / brother and my sister all to see in 72 hours :lol: