Why become a member? ×

TV`s minder bass line

Bay Splayer

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='284546' date='Sep 15 2008, 09:26 PM']...played on an aluminium-necked Kramer bass![/quote]

My tutor just sold his back to the guy he bought it from, for a stupidly low amount of money.
It was a total pain to play, though ...

Edited by OldGit

[quote]Rubbish! dennis waterman wrote the theme tune sang the theme tune and played every instrument on it.hahahhaha.Bergerac is an awesome theme tune.[/quote]

Infact it was Dennis Waterman's (ex)wife Patricia and Gerard Kenny who wrote the theme tune.

Cracking tune though.

Edited by markytbass

[quote name='OldGit' post='284571' date='Sep 15 2008, 09:58 PM']My tutor just sold his back to the guy he bought it from, for a stupidly low amount of money.
It was a total pain to play, though ...[/quote]

I've got one, a 450-B - it sounds fantastic but will not stay in tune, due to the ally neck. Still, a classic bass from when I was young!

Absolutley right
Gerard kenny did co write, i had the pleasure of playing with him a few times while in the house band on the cruises, a lovely fella !very generous with me regarding my reinterpretation( prob spelt wrong) of the written part :huh: i probably put a few more pops in than necessary :) had a great time very enjoyable. absolutely cracking tune!!!!
LEE

Infact it was Dennis Waterman's (ex)wife Patricia and Gerard Kenny who wrote the theme tune.

Cracking tune though.

[quote name='coasterbass' post='284748' date='Sep 16 2008, 08:37 AM']Minder was transcribed in a late 90's copy of Bassist magazine. It provided me with lots of fun trying to play that. Cracking.

If anyone wants a copy of the transcription then drop me a line (although its back at my parents somewhere so 'please allow 28 days for delivery' :) )[/quote]Beat me to it..it was in issue April 98...

Mo Foster is a legend, an absolute geezer... for those of you who haven't read his book "Seventeen Watts?" (published in the US as "Play Like Elvis!"), I can only advise that you do so, as soon as possible. It's an absolute hoot and a real eye-opener. Never again will you complain about a lack of amp power or the weight of your 1x15... :)
EDIT: also, his album 'Bel Assis' is a must.