Why become a member? ×

Help with headphone jack

Zenitram

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/25k1q20.jpg[/IMG]

Hello funsters. Can you help me identify the tip and ring bits of this headphone jack? My guess is that the thin central gold bit that juts out is the tip (left) and the thicker bit behind it, half surrounded by black plastic, is the ring (right). The earth is the long metal bit with two prongs at the end closest to the camera.

Am I right?

Thanks.

[quote name='Zenitram' timestamp='1451682433' post='2942504']

Hello funsters. Can you help me identify the tip and ring bits of this headphone jack? My guess is that the thin central gold bit that juts out is the tip (left) and the thicker bit behind it, half surrounded by black plastic, is the ring (right). The earth is the long metal bit with two prongs at the end closest to the camera.

Am I right?

Thanks.
[/quote]

You are correct.

[quote name='Zenitram' timestamp='1451682433' post='2942504']

Am I right?

Thanks.
[/quote]

do you have any idea of how good this image is ...its nearly perfect
centre focus is f***ing amazing ...i can feel the threads in my hand and the light reflection is perfect
love the slate grey back ground with the gold complimenting the silver ...
well done my son this is good work ....

oh and yes your correct in your thinking for tip , ring and earth

Thank you everyone for your help, and for such a glowing review of the picture itself.

By way of an update, I can tell you this:

1.- Headphone wires are really, really small! Wow.
2.- My eyesight isn't as good as it used to be. In fact, a visit to the optician yesterday confirmed I need reading glasses.
3.- My soldering iron is probably a bit too fat or thick, and my soldering skills far too crap, to do a precision job on this.

Soooooo.... would anyone be willing to do this job for me? I would send you the headphones, and the jack, and would be willing to pay a modest amount for the job, and postage etc. They're expensive Bose headphones (they're my girlfriend's; she's currently borrowing my fabulous Shure SE215s as a result), so I would like it to be done by someone who knows what they're doing.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks!

[quote name='BeeBop' timestamp='1451693879' post='2942630']

do you have any idea of how good this image is ...its nearly perfect
centre focus is f***ing amazing ...i can feel the threads in my hand and the light reflection is perfect
love the slate grey back ground with the gold complimenting the silver ...
well done my son this is good work ....

oh and yes your correct in your thinking for tip , ring and earth
[/quote]

I think you also should have mentioned the beautiful use of depth of field too. The tip of the jack and the end of the cable clamp are perfectly, tastefully out of focus. Great looking bokeh on the far background too. Subtle but really giving the feeling of distance.