Why become a member? ×

Microsoft Edge Browser probs

sprocketflup

Hi, got a new laptop after all the smoke escaped from my old one, as to be expected it runs Windoze 10 and its new browser, Edge.

Finding it difficult at times to do anything on here with it, are the site admins aware of issues yet? Typical problems - write a reply and click post, a bar come up telling me somethings happening and after a while stops, yet nothing has happened. Post still visible in reply box but hasn't been posted. This can happen a few times and the n the site freezes. Click refresh and the site goes to what I can only describe as text only, formatting gone haywire. Close browser and try again and all is normal....for a while

• 2 months later...

Iuse explorer a work and the text enty box is a nightmare
I use exporer at work and the text enry box isa nightmare
I us explore atwork and the text etry box is a nightmae

See my text above for my problem.
This is what I get if I type at a normal speed: Missing character and spaces.
This is a new computer too. The older one was equally as bad, which makes me understand.. It's not my machine. And i's only this site in the entire world.
Frustrating.

Any suggestions? (Not Chrome / Firefox etc. as said earlier, this is a work machine, and I don't have permission to just add stuff.)

Well I am typing this from Edge as a test and it all seems just fine! I do know what you mean though from experiencing the same issue with IE11 in the past. Try hitting the button on the top left of the composer that looks like a lightswitch to turn off all the rich text editing stuff, that should help.

[quote name='GremlinAndy' timestamp='1458579459' post='3008787']
Any suggestions? (Not Chrome / Firefox etc. as said earlier, this is a work machine, and I don't have permission to just add stuff.)
[/quote]

Depending on how your work have configured stuff... if you just don't have admin rights to install apps and they haven't blocked launching anything that isn't white-listed, then sign up for an account at [url="https://turbo.net"]Turbo.net[/url]. It will let you run any version of any browser on your machine without installing it - everything is copied to your user profile so you don't need admin rights to run anything.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1458583184' post='3008843']
Try hitting the button on the top left of the composer that looks like a lightswitch to turn off all the rich text editing stuff, that should help.
[/quote]

Yep, that's the way round the problem.