Why become a member? ×

Squier JV P Bass ending very soon.

pobrien_ie

Weird, I wonder if he did something with the listing that stopped it appearing on a UK only search, I check Ebay everyday and hadn't seen this one, it does look a real bargain, I am thankful I already have too many Precision's and a Jazz build in progress otherwise the bank account would be getting another beating as we speak!

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1451156425' post='2938612']
Weird, I wonder if he did something with the listing that stopped it appearing on a UK only search, I check Ebay everyday and hadn't seen this one, it does look a real bargain, I am thankful I already have too many Precision's and a Jazz build in progress otherwise the bank account would be getting another beating as we speak!
[/quote]

Unsold at £499!! Thought that was great value for what looks like a legit '83 JV.

As you say, something with the listing might have limited its scope.

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1451156425' post='2938612']
[/quote]

I've been watching that for a few days (in north west). I forgot all about it. I'm surprised it didn't sell though. Perhaps there was something limiting it's search further afield?

I couldn't resist. I got in touch with the guy and we came to an arrangement. I went to collect it this morning and have to say it is an absolute peach. Seller bought it new in 1983 - it is completely original and almost no wear as he is mainkly a drummer. A near perfect 57 re-issue in my favourite colour way - I'll stick a black plate on it, I think. Everything is right - neck stamp, cloth wires, green cap etc. Neck was bowed but straightened immediately with a tweak to the truss rod. Some nice figuring in the maple, too, which itself is a rich warm caramel. :)

I know what you mean. I had originally decided not to - even though it was on my watch list, having moved to 32" scale it seemed silly to get another long scale again. But when it didn't sell I lost my self-control. The best bit (apart from the price) is that it only weighs 8lbs. As soon as I get the black plate on I'll do a post on it. :gas:

Just put a black scratch plate on it. :gas:

[attachment=209145:JV01.jpg] [attachment=209146:JV02.jpg]

I'm having trouble putting this down at the moment. Sounds beautiful, really sings. I am lucky enough to own a Fender logo JV0 '57 RI Precision in tobacco burst. So far as I can tell the build quality of this is about the same. But this is lighter and has a nicer tone. And cost considerably less! :)

Edit - just noticed I've put the new strings on a bit wonky! I must shift them over a groove.

Edited by Paul S