Why become a member? ×

Warwick customer service - proving to be hard work

ead

[quote name='SteveK' timestamp='1454666521' post='2971760']
If the bass was not as you were expecting, and did not meet with published spec, Why did you not return the bass?
[/quote]

In short because returning a bass because the pickguard is the wrong colour seems somewhat extreme as it is so very easily changed. My beef is not so much about the spec differences but that this should have been a ridiculously simple transaction; a replacement p/guard for a production model.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1454684983' post='2972052']
Use Facebook, post something on their page. That's what I resorted to with DV247.
[/quote]

Indeed, Facebook,Instagram,Twitter hit them all, they are great for companies to create communities & they like to protect those communities. I'd be surprised if you don't get it resolved to your satisfaction through the use of social media.

• 2 weeks later...

Still having to prompt Warwick to respond to emails.

I think I'm going to need to take this onto the social media as I'm getting a bit fed up with them. Can somebody offer some advice on the best way to do this as I'm really not well informed on social media.

Thanks.

Basically I was originally offered a full refund of the cost, which then became an offer to cover the postage of me returning the pickguard. I recognise that Warwick have put some effort into making me a new pickguard - by which I mean they have drilled 6 holes in a standard blank according to the template I sent them. In an attempt to bring this to a conclusion I offered them a 50/50 split on the cost. This was refused and the offer of the postage cost only was made.

It has however taken 4 months and counting to get to this point.

Warwick have just offered me €20 (less PayPal fees of course which they are too tight to cover) for my months of hassle. So the whole episode would have cost me north or €60, marvellous.

I have of course declined.

One last attempt with the main man at Warwick, but I'm pretty much done with Warwick. I can guarantee that I will never buy another and I can see this one ending up on evilbay on a no-reserve auction as I don't want anything more to do with it.

Edited by ead

No, not really. No compo required, just re-imbursement of costs. Plus of course the decency to respond to emails within a reasonable period, and four months to sort a pickguard; really?

Compare and contrast with Spector. Try asking PJ something and if it takes more than 48 hours to resolve he's probably on sabatical or off-world somewhere.

What costs? The return postage for the duff guard? That's understandable.

Mind, I'm not sure I get the four months thing... it looks like you ordered the original guard around the 14th of December, and by 21st Jan you had a correct guard. It's not great, but to be fair Christmas was in the middle of all that.

I first contacted Warwick in September about this. I was charged c.€90 for a pickguard that, according to the published spec., should have been fitted from day one.

Edited by ead

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1456441264' post='2989185']
...but there was a two-month period where you didn't chase it up. Is that right?

I'm not saying Warwick are blameless - clearly they're not - but maybe if you'd upped the urgency it might have got sorted earlier...?
[/quote]

You're right, how foolish of me to expect a complaint to be dealt with promptly. Rather selfishly I chose to concentrate on the health issues of a close relative during that time.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1456465551' post='2989263']
Sorry to hear of your problems, but my point still stands - It would have been sorted quicker if you'd had the time to chase them up.
[/quote]

Why on Earth should he have to chase it up? He should only have had to ask Warwick once to correct their error.

[quote name='Rikki1984' timestamp='1456475393' post='2989314']
Why on Earth should he have to chase it up? He should only have had to ask Warwick once to correct their error.
[/quote]

I honestly don't think an incorrect colour pickguard is going to be top of the list for Warwick CS, and I'd expect to have to nudge them along for something like this.