Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT 7pro

lushuk

[quote name='leroydiamond' timestamp='1451066436' post='2938113']
Used to power my Berg CN212 with the Tecamp Puma 900 and it worked fine. However I now use the Kustom KXB 500 and it sounds so much better. Guess big power is not everythimg
[/quote]

Any idea where one might find a Kustom KXB500 in the UK? Sorry for the derail!

Edited by Bigwan

There is some nice gear in the classifieds at the moment, mark bass sd1200, GK mb800, little mark 800, any of those would sound great with the HD212. You could also pick up a PF 800 if you like the Ampeg tone, they are relatively inexpensive and very reliable.

Paul it is a great head, stacks of power, great eq, svt sound of you want , useable compression, lightweight etc etc bit of course there is a big BUT, yes Ian still love I've looked at others and tried/borrowed different cabs but the HD keeps out performing, I've had guys with big ampeg stack looking at it and asking how does that sound come out of that which sums it up I guess, it looks weak on our gear laden stage but handles it with a breeze, I often wonder why anyone would buy anything else, but I guess you may agree with some of that 😃😃😃

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='lushuk' timestamp='1452875209' post='2954363']
Yeah i read that, test day 2moro so fingers crossed, it was the 5 year warranty that clinched it, they do seem good value! Im going to fix my 7 pro with a new Rev H board so ill either sell it or keep it as a spare............. we shall see!
[/quote]

Where are you getting the 5 year warranty?