Why become a member? ×

Oh, oh - I've gone and done it now....

This probably means months of counselling and I'm sure I'm supposed to apply for a licence, but I went ahead anyway. An acquaintance of mine was selling a black Epiphone Dot Studio with an old Roland GR1 module and midi guitar pickup. I'd mooted getting a midi bass pickup and GI-20 module from new but had decided against.

I've seen it all working, tried it, and apart from the odd glitch it does work surprisingly well. The midi output is to be fed straight into native GarageBand sounds, and it means I don't have to tangle with a keyboard.

A snip at £150. I'm still chewing his arm.

Edited by ShergoldSnickers

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='29370' date='Jul 9 2007, 09:27 PM']Is this some kind of bizarre form of behaviour practised by Dood? :)[/quote]

It's not Dood I'm worried about. I want to know about this 'correction' stuff that MB1 mentioned. Will I have to wear the giant raffia chicken wings and Zebra-stripe shorts like last time? :huh:

If so, I'd sooner risk the doodaddery.

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' post='29576' date='Jul 10 2007, 08:57 AM']It's not Dood I'm worried about. I want to know about this 'correction' stuff that MB1 mentioned. Will I have to wear the giant raffia chicken wings and Zebra-stripe shorts like last time? :)

If so, I'd sooner risk the doodaddery.[/quote]
Here we tend to use a fake fur all-in-one suit with little cub ears on the hood and a f*rt flap out the back where we can position the spankatron. Then all we need is a catheter, a floor mop and bucket, lots of polythene sheeting, some leather cuffs and a small rodent, preferably a baby mole rat as they like dark places.

Dood loves it.

[b]Good morning ladies and gentleplums.

Your Doctor is in session. Please, and first inclusive. Your attention being, and in completeness. Thank you. Today, lessons for of which you may take on board, reasoning and for which discussion mostly and inevitably required.

Capital letter,New paragraph.

Enter the tools, corrective for the benefit and behaviour rehabilitation such that is invasive. Squat you are required and a necessity bite down a material on which you must, solid like. Make no sound.

A man you must take it like, please, make no sound. Garments of the animal guise worn can be as choice a matter of. Patients prerogative it is. Contributions to bill cleaning the building required after forthwith.

Personal affects and pets, rodent like can be brought to session open arms we invite.

A happy person you will leave, must joy to the world brought and satisfaction relaxed. A recommendation you will make!

Dr de'Ath
The Clinic for Behavioural Wellbeing
Doodery
Jovovich,Svetlana
Ou 812

(00-00) 69-69-69-69[/b]

I have just finished the first session with the good doctor, and I managed to keep my wings and hat on this time. Alas, the shorts didn't fare so well and will have to be incinerated along with the soft furnishings.

A quick question to Dr de'Ath. Does the probe attached to the spankatron usually buzz that loudly at the end? I also apologise for the bite marks on your reciprocating plunge bucket handle. As soon as the nurse retrieves it I'll post it back, pristine and freshly varnished. It tasted of swamp ash if I'm not mistaken.

I now feel fully able to wield my newly acquired, undersized, high-pitched, six-string monstrosity, with the degree of impunity and disdain befitting the player of a bass instrument. Amazing. This would have been impossible before doctor. My life has been changed, and now for the underwear.

Welcome to the world of guitar playing bassists.

Remember that, guitar playing [i]bassist[/i]. Just in case you ever have the urge to do a twiddly solo at a completely inappriopriate time (known as turning to the dark side :) )

[quote name='Buzz' post='30396' date='Jul 11 2007, 07:20 PM']Welcome to the world of guitar playing bassists.

Remember that, guitar playing [i]bassist[/i]. Just in case you ever have the urge to do a twiddly solo at a completely inappriopriate time (known as turning to the dark side :huh: )[/quote]

Believe me, there's no danger of me doing a solo on a guitar. Whilst I'm slightly more handy on a guitar than a keyboard, I'm still 'inexperienced' (crap).

My immediate thoughts are: What on earth do these extra two strings do? And one of 'em goes funny and ruins my patterns. That 'B' string. And another thing: Chords? CHORDS? Why, the dirty, dirty bast*rds....

Seriously, I've got a lot of work to do here, but initially at least it will be used for generating midi info to squirt into GarageBand, via the Roland GR1 that was thrown in as well. It's kind of weird to be playing a stringed thing and hear sounds that normally emanate from keyboards. So long as you play cleanly it seems to work. Next on the list - learn to play cleanly. :)

Interestingly, my guitarist played all the keyboard prts on his album, but has recently paired his gear up with a MIDI pickup to play said keyboard sounds. I'm really impressed! I'd like to have a play with a decent MIDI bass set up. I'm intrigued by that.

SO is Doctor de'Ath ^^^^