Why become a member? ×

BERNIE GOODFELLOW SOLD

ian

i always work away giging round the country so its hard to get to a computer but i have replyed to everyone who as inquired about the bass what i wont do is swap for a bass i dont want ..and people have said they are interested and never got back in contact.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='7186' date='May 26 2007, 03:19 PM']Unlike many custom builders Bernies stock basses use his own pick-ups and electrics (not built by John East like everyone else).[/quote]
I'm surprised noone pulled you up on that outrageous inaccuracy. Maybe they couldn't be bothered?

Good luck wiht the sale BTW Ian.

On reflection it was a bit of a sweeping statement and Bernies pups are probably made by Kent/Aaron same as most of the others. And not everyones electronics are made by East.

But as Bernie himself said when he was selling me the idea of having one built - if you get a bass built with Barts its probably gonna sound similar to all the other basses with Barts (or EMG/Basslines/Whatever). If you get a GB its gonna sound like a GB. Some love it - some dont. Most people that have heard mine love it. I think thats what I was trying to say.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='88036' date='Nov 13 2007, 07:36 PM']On reflection it was a bit of a sweeping statement and Bernies pups are probably made by Kent/Aaron same as most of the others. And not everyones electronics are made by East.

But as Bernie himself said when he was selling me the idea of having one built - if you get a bass built with Barts its probably gonna sound similar to all the other basses with Barts (or EMG/Basslines/Whatever). If you get a GB its gonna sound like a GB. Some love it - some dont. Most people that have heard mine love it. I think thats what I was trying to say.[/quote]

His pickups are made by Aaron.

• 2 weeks later...