Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD - Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 1955 Precision Bass - 2015 Model
£1850

Chiliwailer

Up for sale is a stunning limited edition Custom Shop 1955 P Bass, made in September 2015 and in pristine condition with only the relicing that Fender intended.

It has a resonant and light ash body and a great tensioned quartersawn neck, tons of vibe and mojo on this bass.

Comes with the original blonde case and case candy shown.

Weighs a tiny touch over 8.5lbs with the covers on.

No trades by post please. A Mike Lull P54 or possibly a Lull 5 string would be on the top of my trade list.

Info from the Fender website:
MORE ABOUT LIMITED EDITION 1955 RELIC® PRECISION BASS®
The 2015 Limited Edition 1955 Relic® Precision Bass gives you a magnificently crafted original-era version of the bass that started it all. Its lightweight ash body is sculpted with comfortable body and forearm contours, and comes in Dirty White Blonde or Two-Color Sunburst lacquer Relic body finishes that evoke the wear and aging of decades of frequent use (and occasional abuse). Its muscular blunt-force tone comes from a hand-wound '55 Precision Bass single-coil pickup with a classic chrome cover.

Other premium features include a quartersawn maple neck with a worn Relic treatment on the back, 7.25"-radius maple fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets, single-ply seven-hole white pickguard, authentic reproduction bridge with chrome cover, American Vintage tuning machines and Custom Shop Limited Edition neck plate. Includes blonde Limited Edition case containing a 1955 Fender Downbeat catalog insert reproduction.

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO BE TAKEN TO LOADS MORE.

[url="http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/chiliwailer/media/image_zpsmrzbdqfz.jpeg.html"][/url]

Edited by Chiliwailer

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1450033149' post='2928999']
What is the neck profile and width at the nut and 12th? :)
[/quote]

Hello mate, the nut is 43 MM. and the 12 fret about 55mm. The neck is a V shape, with a nice full shape to it, feels very authentic.

Cheers.

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1450095917' post='2929479']
Lovely looking P Daniel. More of J man as you know, but I'm sure this will find a home without too much bother.

Buy with confidence here people. This man knows his stuff.

GLWTS matey.
[/quote]

Thanks Warren, hope all's well mate

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1450103938' post='2929592']
Can I buy the precision in your sig Dan? :lol:
looks amazing that does.
sorry for going off topic... :blush:
[/quote]

Um, I guess everything is for sale really isn't it? And it does weigh only 8lbs....
Seriously though, that is one Lull bass that I seriously hope to never get rid of. It was made for NAMM 2015, the neck is something special.
Cheers :)

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1450111075' post='2929685']
Please keep trade offers via PM only.
Thank you
And bump for a beauty :)
[/quote]

Cheers Sean, she's a looker ;)

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1450113908' post='2929744']
Well if you ever do.......
8 lbs, perfect.
[/quote]

Thought you may say that Tom, like minds and all that :)

If I ever do, you have first dibs. But I can't imagine life without a Lull and I do love that one particularly. Just order one!