Why become a member? ×

Best albums of 2015?

ras52

I think I've only bought 2 new cds this year.

'My love is cool' by Wolf Alice, which while not quite a classic has some superb songs on it & 'The Making Of' by the Bohicas which I bought of the merchandise stand after I saw them in Brum which is also pretty good.

Other than that it's been a year for discovering old music that had previously passed me by.

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1450264524' post='2931077']
I think I've only bought 2 new cds this year.

'My love is cool' by Wolf Alice, which while not quite a classic has some superb songs on it & 'The Making Of' by the Bohicas which I bought of the merchandise stand after I saw them in Brum which is also pretty good.

Other than that it's been a year for discovering old music that had previously passed me by.
[/quote]
Forgot about that Wolf Alice album. It sounds like Smashing Pumpkins with a female vocalist. That is a compliment btw.

New releases I've enjoyed this year:

Hills - Frid. Scandinavian psychedelic rock
Ufomammut - Ecate. Italian psychedelic sludgy metal
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Asunder, Sweet And Other Distress. Post-rock masters continuing to be fantastic
Hey Colossus - In Black & Gold. UK hard to pigeon hole band
Pop Will Eat Itself - Anti Nasty League. the new version of PWEI return to form
Clutch - Psychic Warfare. Finally Clutch release an album that comes close to their best, once again.
Teeth of the Sea - Highly Deadly Black Tarantula. Psychedelic rock with a leaning towards electronic based music.

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1450384132' post='2932333']

Pop Will Eat Itself - Anti Nasty League. the new version of PWEI return to form

[/quote]

I had no idea PWEI were still going! - I used to be well into them. Will have a listen tomorrow, ta 👍

Edit: maybe not, album not on Spotify 😡

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1449872633' post='2927752']
I've bought a few albums this year - none of which were released this year. The closest is Primus' 'Wonka' album, and that was October 2014.
[/quote]

Sorry, I forgot I'd bought 'Sol Invictus' by Faith No More. Very good it is too.