Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fodera NYC Empire 5 string, Black, big price drop
£1490

Musashimonkey

£1199 for straight sale- Limited time!

For sale, a fantastic [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Fodera NYC Empire, made in 2006 (I believe). I can't imagine that it would be possible to get any other Fodera for a price this low! Comes with black hard case and free insured shipping within UK. Happy to ship to EU if buyer pays difference in shipping. Would much prefer a sale, but could consider a trade if cash coming my way...[/color][/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]The body is alder, painted black, with transparent clear pick guard, a three piece maple neck with angled matching headstock (like customs ones), rosewood fingerboard, Seymour Duncan single coils in 60s position, 2 band Pope preamp with pasive tone, 35" scale, 4.4kg fully equipped with Fodera hardware and black hard case.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass sounds and plays very good, and the preamp works very well in this bass. Sound like a fine classic jazz bass in passive, very fat if you want in active mode, and plays like a custom Fodera. The frets don't have noticeable wear, the truss rod works fine, and it can be adjusted with very low action.[/font][/color]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]The neck on this bass is incredible, the best 5 I've ever played. The bolt on joint is solid as a rock and provides an incredible amount of sustain with no dead or even slightly weak spots that I can find anywhere on the neck![/color][/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]​There are many signs of use: as is the case with fantastic basses that play well. There's buckle rash on the rear of the bass, a couple of small chips and dings to the finish, light marks to the front of the bass, but the front is in good condition. There is some signs of fret wear, but not even close to needing any attention. The neck is in fantastic condition with only a couple of very small marks/dings that do not affect playability at all. The tip of the headstock has a couple of chips.[/color][/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]​Overall this is an incredibly playable bass with a great low B, some mojo, and lots of superb tone at a fantastic price. Just shout if you need any more photo's etc...[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Photos:[/font][/color]
http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/musashimonkey/library/Fodera%20NYC

Edited by Musashimonkey

Thanks for the info. Neck radius is something only a professional could measure I think, how you describe it makes perfect sense to me though! Nice one, thanks for getting back to me, I can PM you an email address if it's easier for sound samples. No rush, busy all day will get back to you soon.

I had a Fodera MG5 with a very similar neck (just the addition of stringers and through body obviously). The neck on this bass looks every bit as well constructed - a thing of real beauty. The neck is worth the asking price alone - then there's the circuit and pickups and bridge etc. I'd seriously consider parting this out - can't believe it's still here (incidentally I was joking about parting out!)

Absolutely unbelievable price (IMO) - I'm selling a US Spector Shorty on here and thought that it was the best value bass on the site. I have to admit though, it won't be until this sells. I'm genuinely stunned that this is still here