Why become a member? ×

Help me find a song.

Linus27

Saw a video of this song somewhere, probably Facebook but I love it but can't remember it. It was probably from the 60's and had a Motown feel, look, vibe. It's some black guy singing in a live TV studio, with a backing band. The video was in colour. The bass was very different to the usual soul, Motown bass in the fact it was playing 8's as the main part which I also think had the main vocal hook over it. I also think the group is the name of the black guy singing.

What's weird is I also saw a bass cover on YouTube by a girl so I think this song has been doing the rounds.

Now if anyone can work out what song I'm talking about then you are a genius :)

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1446881619' post='2903094']
I'd never have guessed that - those are sixteenths :P

Great song, and a proper workout for those plucking fingers.
[/quote]

Haha I nearly said sixteenth a but thought, just in case it was only eighths, it might confuse people more :)

I love it, really catchy :)

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1446893454' post='2903224']

Haha I nearly said sixteenth a but thought, just in case it was only eighths, it might confuse people more :)

I love it, really catchy :)
[/quote]

I only heard of Tower of Power a couple of months ago after someone posted something on here.

I got a box set of the first 5 albums & I can't recommend them highly enough.

Superb songs with some of the best bass I've ever heard. Between ToP and Herbie Hancock (who I also 'discovered' on basschat) I'm starting to think that the early seventies were some sort of golden era both for the playing styles and the recording of the bass guitar.