Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky Metro vs Xotic?

Sonic_Groove

[quote name='haimesy' timestamp='1445959868' post='2895714']
Hi Brendan... If you are anywhere near Edinburgh your welcome to try my Xotic XJIT 4 ..fantastic basses IMO....John
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind offer John, I am actually going to Glasgow this week, but unfortunately we won't have time to visit Edinburgh. The Xotics look real nice glad you are lovin yours! I am biased towards Xotic at moment!!

Brendan

I would hope that either bass is capable of being very good and that they could do that consistantly.

How you tell which is best, I don't know, but you might find out which is best from the ones you try.

As good as some makers can be.... some are going to work better than others altho
with prestige names, you hope/expect that the average ones are few and far between.

They're both good, I've played them both on gigs, it's just finding one that you like the feel of. For me the Sadowsky preamp was a little more subtle, but both basses have massive amount of control over tone. You want an active jazz, right?

Saying all that, if I were in the market for a Jazz bass, I would check out some Mike Lull jazzes, as they are around the same price as the Sad and Xotic, very nice to play and sound great. I have a mike lull PJ5, and it's a lovely thing to play.

All I would say, is play the bass before you buy it. Every bit of wood is different and some basses play much better than others with identical spec.