Why become a member? ×

Spector advice.

jonnythenotes

As far as I am aware the legend series are korean (or possibly indonesian?) made budget instruments, where as the Euro series is manufactured in the Czech Republic and are of a quality comparable to the USA models only cheaper.

sorry just noticed you said visual differences... can't help you there I'm not familiar with the exact models :)

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='jonnythenotes' timestamp='1445933543' post='2895423']
Cheers Camden, but are there any visual clues to which model they are that you are aware of....
[/quote]

Yes sorry about that I should have read your post properly!

I'm not aware of the differences personally but there are lots of spector experts here and I'm sure one will be along shortly :)

Visually, it can be tough to those unfamiliar with spectors. The 5 string is easier to spot as the Korean made spectors have the same headstock as the 4's where the us and Czech ones have a pointier headstock.
The key thing to look for is the carved top and back (if you looked at the tail looking straight down the neck the body is arched)the Korean ones are typically flat with a contour like a fender if that makes?
The exception to this is the Korean NS2000/4 OR 5 which aslo has a carved top but a different shaped top horn.
Clear as mud isn't it?

The head-stock shape differs between the two as does the bridge. The legend is a set neck, but they've brought out a through neck for 2015. The legend also has the Tonepump junior. The legend will say made in where-ever they are made in Asia (Indonesia), the Euro will say Czechoslovakia. Legend will have dot inlays, the Euro will have crown inlays.

Can you take a picture and post it here, or post a snap he's sent you?

Correction: the Korean Legend 4 series has the same NS curved body as the rest of the Spector range.

Things are complicated because Spector has just repositioned it's range as Standard/Legend Neck-Thru/ Performer. However there are still lots of the previous Legend series around which were bolt-on. These are now retailing for around £580 so great value. I still have the Legend 4 Natural put on the For Sale section last year. PM me for details/pics.