Why become a member? ×

withdrawn
£1300

ash

An old friend of mine had one of these, which he bought new in 1963, and it was a fabulous bass. It had been repaired, after a fall from the stand took the head off in about 1975(!), but the luthier made a fantastic job of it, and you'd be hard pushed to know. He played it through a 1960s Vox AC50, and a Vox 1x 18. Not a man looking for sparkling high end tones, as you can imagine. Sounded awesome - a real trouser flapper and perfect for Beatles and Stones stuff.

I wish I had the cash.

GLWTS - great basses, and a collectors item for the future I'm sure.

[quote name='The Admiral' timestamp='1445276061' post='2890187']
An old friend of mine had one of these, which he bought new in 1963, and it was a fabulous bass. It had been repaired, after a fall from the stand took the head off in about 1975(!), but the luthier made a fantastic job of it, and you'd be hard pushed to know. He played it through a 1960s Vox AC50, and a Vox 1x 18. Not a man looking for sparkling high end tones, as you can imagine. Sounded awesome - a real trouser flapper and perfect for Beatles and Stones stuff.

I wish I had the cash.

GLWTS - great basses, and a collectors item for the future I'm sure.
[/quote]

Thanks Admiral! Fortunately this one has kept its head all these years and other than the cosmetic dings it has no structural issues!