Why become a member? ×

Need to buy a truss rod wench for Harley Benton PB-20 Precision bass, any idea what size? Type?

markdavid

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Hi[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I have started playing again after a long break, I need to buy a truss rod wrench but not sure what size, was hoping that maybe someone on here has owned a harley benton and knows what size wrench I will need, I know its a long shot , thanks[/font][/color]

[quote name='markdavid' timestamp='1443444092' post='2874685']
Ok, managed to find a shop selling various hardware items and managed to pick up a set of hex keys in varying diameter for about 2 quid, heres praying the truss rod is a hex
[/quote]

It should be, the one on the Jazz and 5 string PJ necks I have are.

Ok i have loosened the truss rod about quarter of a turn,still buzzing quite a bit on the 12th fret g string, i have gone from the stock strings (roundwound 105-45) to labella 96-39 gauge flatwounds, anybody able to offer any ballpark opinions on roughly how much i can expect to adjust my neck ?

Edited by markdavid

have done another adjustment and the fret buzz is isolated to the 11th and 12th frets on the g string so I think there may well be some dodgy fretwork there, the E,A and D i can actually get a lowish action on so I am left with the question should I lower the action on all of my strings for the sake of the increased playability and live with the awful fret buzz on the 11th and 12th fret on the g string or should I raise the action slightly to remove the fret buzz ....