Why become a member? ×

Depping tonight

Bassmonkey

[quote name='Bassmonkey' timestamp='1442091396' post='2864419']
Disco inferno. Happy. Blurred lines. Play that funky music. I feel good. Superstition. Rappers delight. Etc etc. first set over. Went well. Bring on the second. And my cash. Woo hoo
[/quote]

Standard busking set in those numbers you've mentioned so when you have them in your pocket they'll feature on millions of gigs.
Hit them all with any key and you'll be sorted.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1442134293' post='2864514']
Standard busking set in those numbers you've mentioned so when you have them in your pocket they'll feature on millions of gigs.
Hit them all with any key and you'll be sorted.
[/quote]
+1
I've not come accross Disco Inferno in any bands though, maybe missed out there. Rest are all very standard around here.

[quote name='gapiro' timestamp='1442232755' post='2865301']
+1
I've not come accross Disco Inferno in any bands though, maybe missed out there. Rest are all very standard around here.
[/quote]

:lol it's probably a generational thing... I used to hate/struggle with the bassline 30 plus years ago.
Ran thru it a couple of years back and it was all good. Song is a busker even after all these years :lol:

If people gave me a set like that nowadays, I wouldn't really embrace it with enthusiasm unless the money was very good or the band was very good..hopefully both..:lol:

I have to say some people's sets are thrown together with little or no thought and there is a distinct lack of imagination in some.
I tend to look at the vocalist suggesting sets now...and go from there,

I don't want to do standard Disco...unless it is great Nile Rogers stuff... but Delta funk is Coooooolll!! IMO :lol: