Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Pro

ped

Hi chaps and chapesses,

I have had a bit of a revelation today - Since buying a Roland Vbass system my Line 6 pod has become surplus. I did use the two together for a while which sounded 100% spot on but I only recently noticed that many of the synths on the Vbass sound best in STEREO and the pod only has mono inputs, which is a shame. So after much fiddling and playing I have now set the Vbass to be the only thing in my rack.

The pod is just an amazing piece of equipment which has completely won me over. The compressor is second to none, worth having for that along in my opinion. I can send the unit formatted to factory settings and I am pretty sure the original box is at my parents house. I definitely have the manual and USB cable and kettle lead.

If you want I can even send it as it is, with my much sought after studio/live patches and exclusive \'Stink Synth\' patch ;0)

I am looking for £250. It is in pretty much mint condition - a slight mark on the top from racking but not visible when racked and barely visible otherwise. In a moment of boredom in a studio I got a roll of black leccy tape and cut out little squares to make the writing say \'Line 6 ASS pod\' and other such hilarious things, but these can be removed if you wish!! It also has an \'Ass in\' and an \'Ass\' control. Lol

Cheers
ped

If not Kev I highly recommend it to you!! After playing with it and setting up some sounds it becomes basically a top notch plug 'n' play pre-amp. People seem to think the pods need constant fiddling and adjusting but once you have your settings nailed, it couldn't be more simple. Superb tone everywhere (Played many gigs with this DI'ed and using IEMs from the headphone jack). Best sound I ever had, including the days with the all tube super stacks!

Sort of nervous about letting it go actually because I have relied on it for so long, but I had a jam with the Vbass yesterday and confident that the clean pre-amp sound is the same (Pretty flat) and the compressor/limiter on the Vbass has been adjusted just right - not half as simple as the Line6 one though, just brill!

ped

Hi Dood,

I think I knew that at some level but deep down I wanted to eliminate anything I could from my setup - the V now does everything the pod did you see. How do you do the stereo force, out of interest?

[quote name='ped' post='276268' date='Sep 3 2008, 02:20 PM']Hi Dood,

I think I knew that at some level but deep down I wanted to eliminate anything I could from my setup - the V now does everything the pod did you see. How do you do the stereo force, out of interest?[/quote]

The same way I told you to yesterday fool :)

[quote name='ped' post='276268' date='Sep 3 2008, 02:20 PM']I think I knew that at some level but deep down I wanted to eliminate anything I could from my setup - the V now does everything the pod did you see. [b]How do you do the stereo force[/b], out of interest?[/quote]

*insert Star Wars gag here*

[quote name='ped' post='281810' date='Sep 11 2008, 01:11 PM']OK it starts on Sunday eve - £220 BIN or a start bid of £150. I will do a deal for Basschatters and close the eBay listing if anyone bites.

Cheers
ped

Item no: 120304348686[/quote]

Hey dude!
I was searching around as I'm looking for some new effects and I'm going down my local place to check out the Bass XT Pro this week sometime (whichever day I can get off work early)
If all goes well I'd definatly be up for purchasing it but would prefer the presets installed! :) (read your ebay listing)
My offer would be £200 if thats cool!

By all means keep up your listing, just incase I didnt like the unit, but I'll let you know when I've tried out the model which will be one of the days this week!
- Edd

Hi mate,

No worries, let me know how you get on. Remember though that trying one in a shop is not much of a measure of the capabilities of the unit - you really need to spend some time with it and some completely flat headphones (I like E2Cs) and you will fall in love!

Cheers
ped

Yeah! cheers for the info! I had a look at your other threads which involved the unit and had some links of you playing with it, so I'm gonna check them out on my lunch break :)

I'm just reading up on it too, is Line 6 Edit free to download?
I'd have to change the registration of the product over to me on Line6 once I'd bought it for updates, but I doubt that would be a problem.

I've taken into account that it takes alot of tatting around to actually find sounds that I'd want as most of the presets are iffy I hear!
I own a Rocktron Blue Thunder and its turned out to be a nightmare to try and make any decent tones on it and I'm just fed up with it now.

I know the Line 6 will be alot more easier than the Blue Thunder.