Why become a member? ×

Unibass the new Deep Impact?

Maude

I'll put this in general as I hope the discussion will be as much about the bands as the effects.
I've just seen an Akai Unibass on ebay with a buy it now of £210 and saw one a while back with a similarly high price.
We all know that prices for the Deep Impact went through the roof due people wanting 'that Muse sound' and it looks like some people are trying cash in on people wanting 'that Royal Blood sound'.
Do you think the same could happen and are there any other bands who have manged to popularise a pedal in the way that Muse have?

Dunno , they are "rare ish " and there arent really a lot of pedals that do what they do but i dont think there worth 200 quid Saying that if some kind of speculator wants to buy my Akai Unibass or part ex it for a nice P bass and some cash they are very welcome, its pretty mint but absolutely no use for the sound i've developed :-D Im more " motown and blues than distorted power band .... My 15 year old self would be so disappointed.

Edited by synthaside

It used to be that the (new) Fishman Fission Bass pedal did everything the (vintage) Unibass did, only better and cheaper.

I sold my Unibass and bought the Fission.

I see that the Fission now lists at over £300 (ulp!) which is a LOT more than I paid a few years back.

I suspect that this has something to do with Unibass prices remaining silly high ... there's not a lot of choice available if that's what you need.

There's a specific Digitech Bass whammy Justin Chancellor popularised isn't there? A cool effect, would love sonething like it for playing along with that part of Schism, but I have virtually no use for anything like that normally.

I bought my 1st fx peddals - DOD FX25 after seeing Flea´s instructional video (the one with River Phoenix).

I still got it - but ditch it for a more pleasing BOSS FT-2 (Dynamic Filter).

When the filter doesn´t open the DOD´s GREAT for Dub. Still, don´t know their current prices, but don´t think Flea´s use of one has changed their price that much..