Why become a member? ×

SOLD: early Human Base Max 5 (flamed maple top, birdseye maple neck & fingerboard)
£1060

green

[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]Hi.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]Gotta put this beauty up for sale.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]It's vintage Human Base Max 5 from the early days of the company, built in 1996, S/N is 134.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]Human Base builds terrific instruments. Back in the days, they were all made of maple, and have such a huge punch and growl, it cuts through everything.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]Now, this Max 5 is completely made of maple: maple body with flamed maple top, birdseye maple neck with birdseye maple fingerboard. It's a bold-on neck which is a speciality of Human Base, since they use a very deep neck pocket design, which gives the stability and sustain of neck-through necks, but the attack of a regular bolt-on neck. And it feels like a neck-through when playing in the higher registers.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]It features Basstec soapbar pickups and Glockenklang 2EQ electronics. Later on, Human Base switched to Delano pickups, but in the early years, Basstec PUs were used.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]Of course, the bass has a few dings and dongs, since it's a 19 years old bass that's been played, but it's in very good condition.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]This bass comes in the original Human Base gigbag. It's a dream to play, the neck is so comfortable. And well, it sounds incredible as you can imagine. Human Base built a true gem here.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]Have a listen here: [url="https://youtu.be/YmKhsFAeerk"]https://youtu.be/YmKhsFAeerk[/url][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]Here come the specs:[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]- maple with thick flamed maple top[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]- birdseye maple neck & birdseye maple fingerboard w/ zero fret and wooden nut[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]- matching headstock[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]- Basstec hum cancelling soapbar pickups[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]- Glockenklang preamp (2band, 9V)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]- custom made pickup ramp (completely removable without residues)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]- Schaller security locks[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]- weight: only 3.9kg[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]- string spacing @ bridge: 18.2mm which is 0.716 inches[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=5]The price I'm asking i[/size][size=5]s [/size][/font][/color][size=5][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]£[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif] 10[/font][/color][/size][color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=5]30 or 1400 € including shipping. Picking the bass up in Germany is no problem either.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3]If there are any questions or price quotes, just drop me a message.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, sans-serif][size=3] [/size][/font][/color]

Edited by green

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm interested. Can you give a few more details about the dings etc, and photograph anything that is photograph able. I realise it's a 20 year old bass so won't be perfect.

Also, I take it you and the bass are in Germany? Would the bass be couriered fully insured?

Also do you have a basschat feedback page?

Thanks, looks like a great bass.

• 2 weeks later...