Why become a member? ×

UPDATED: SE Bass Bash 27th Sept - RIGS

Merton

Hi Folks,

After a series of PMs and discussions, we think the best way around the potential overcrowding/too much noise problem is to let everyone bring their gear with them as they see fit.. But then, upon arrival, everyone gets issued with some kind of identifying tag (like a number, e.g. odds & evens or a colour, e.g. reds or blues). Then, every hour or so, if it get's to the point where as Merton put it so well in the OP, we start to hit:

[i]"..a meltdown in noise and room space."[/i]

Then we'll alternate between the numbers or colours so we can keep some kind of control over things.

To be honest, it's by no means a perfect solution because it will need monitoring and implementing somehow but because we don't want anyone to feel excluded from bringing their own stuff, it's the best solution we've been able to come up with.

In the end, I think it all comes down to having a sense of respect for everybody else there and being aware of what's going on around you throughout the day. IMO, I think it'll work best if it's a self-managed situation and everyone keeps the issue in mind... So if everyone coming could give this idea their support, we'd really appreciate it! :). After all, this is all of ours event and it will only be as good as we all want it to be!

I hope that makes sense and it's OK for everyone, but if anybody has any better ideas as to how to make this work, then please say so as we'd be more than happy to take them on board..

Look forward to seeing you there!

Nik

[quote name='peted' post='279705' date='Sep 8 2008, 02:01 PM']My Omni 10 has a Speakon socket, and I have a Speakon<->Jack lead.

I don't mind bringing my Omni 10 and leaving my Hartke 3500 at home if there's no interest in the head, but the cab won't make any noise to show off on its own?[/quote]
Well I'll be bringing two heads, the Trace V8 + EBS 212 and the GB so it kind of works out! :)