Why become a member? ×

NCD - Barefaced Bass Big Twin 2 Gen 3

Mwoit

Specs: [url="http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/Big-Twin-2.htm"]http://barefacedbass.../Big-Twin-2.htm[/url]

Not had much time to run it nor crank it loud but it sounds great. It's incredibly clear and super light. I was shocked how easy it was to lift it.

Big thanks to Barefaced for legendary customer service and razze06 for exalting Barefaced to me to get us both a discount.

Welcome aboard! I've got one of the first Gen 3 BT2's, had it 18 months or so now. Great cab, as said above, it puts out what you put in, it's very clean sounding, in fact almost too clean if I use my Bongo and GB Shuttle through it, the combination of Neo pickups, class D amp and Neo drivers can need a bit of taming. I use a drive pedal in front now and that takes it to another level! Happy to report that after 18months+ of gigging/rehearsals all corners/handles/feet still attached and tip top!!

Edited by ern500evo

Chiming in to offer my endorsement - I recently had the pleasure of reviewing the Big Twin 2 and Retro Two Ten cabinets. I had the cabinets for a while to give them a good work out and I have to say the experience was a pleasurable one. I now own the very cabinet I reviewed and it has already gotten much use as my 'reference cabinet' for other reviews as well as of course backline for my band(s). Big articulate and very clean, I love how the cabinet shows up differences between different amplifiers and character of my selection of basses just like my studio monitors.

At a snip over 20Kg and the ability to fill the stage with big, even sound - well, that means a lot to me. I'd love to get a pair of FR's to use for workshops, gigs and anything needing PA but for now the BT2 is coming with me everywhere!

Interestingly, I've just received a nice old P bass. I plugged it in to this cabinet for the first time this morning. oh my oh my!!! Ash and Maple, what a lovely sound!

Just like to say thanks to Alex. The Big Twin II is a bit 'spesh!

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1439140413' post='2840351']
Is it just me, or does the second picture look like the cab has just burst into the room saying "What the f*** are you looking at?!"
[/quote]

I wouldnt want be the bloke that spilt its pint.

Haha, it does look very mean in the 2nd picture. Fortunately it behaves itself next to my guitar rig. The Hartke HA5500 sounds great through it but I really need to push the dirt on my pedals and head for this cab! It's pristine clean!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1439136208' post='2840306']
Chiming in to offer my endorsement - I recently had the pleasure of reviewing the Big Twin 2 and Retro Two Ten cabinets. I had the cabinets for a while to give them a good work out and I have to say the experience was a pleasurable one. I now own the very cabinet I reviewed and it has already gotten much use as my 'reference cabinet' for other reviews as well as of course backline for my band(s). Big articulate and very clean, I love how the cabinet shows up differences between different amplifiers and character of my selection of basses just like my studio monitors.

At a snip over 20Kg and the ability to fill the stage with big, even sound - well, that means a lot to me. I'd love to get a pair of FR's to use for workshops, gigs and anything needing PA but for now the BT2 is coming with me everywhere!

Interestingly, I've just received a nice old P bass. I plugged it in to this cabinet for the first time this morning. oh my oh my!!! Ash and Maple, what a lovely sound!

Just like to say thanks to Alex. The Big Twin II is a bit 'spesh!
[/quote]

Hi.

What was your impression of the Retro Two Ten?
I have one on order, should be here this week.

Cheers.

[quote name='beely' timestamp='1439223284' post='2841008']
Hi.

What was your impression of the Retro Two Ten?
I have one on order, should be here this week.

Cheers.
[/quote]

I think my review video is also on YouTube now but as a 2x10 it's a nice lil cabinet. It is designed to have a different sonic signature to the Big Baby for example so it'd be wise to hear them both to see what suits better. For me, I was 'had at Big Twin II'!

• 2 weeks later...