Why become a member? ×

Status Streamline

Bluepigbass

Hi all, Does anyone in the NW England have a status streamline they would let me try, preferably a 5 string. Going to order one of these but would like to try one first if possible. Would be pleased to hear from status streamline owners and their experiences too.

Thanks everyone

Stu

Edited by Bluepigbass

Nowhere near NW England so can't help with that, but I can certainly say all sorts of nice things about the 5-string Streamline.

http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/h4ppyjack/library/Basses%20CURRENT/Status%20Graphite%20Streamline%205%202011%20CURRENT

Lovely piece of craftsmanship and a real head-turner, doesn't sound even remotely plastic-ky, totally stable neck means that it never needs adjustment (and I do mean never) and barely needs tuning, lightweight and comfortable to play.

At my most pernicketty, the one thing I regret is that the 5-string isn't available in 19mm spacing.

I hear that some people are so misguided as to hit the strings with their thumbs, a remarkably odd form of behaviour of no interest to a real musician of course. However, the deluded fools who act in this bizarre way assure me that the Streamline is a particularly fine bass to try to damage in this way.

I have a 4 string Streamline with standard string spacing. I find it more aggressive sounding than my S2 Classic but very enjoyable to play and the light weight is a real bonus. I actually found the light weight a bit of an issue at first as the bass can move about a bit when playing live, however it doesn't take too long to adjust to this. If you are thinking of buying new I would recommend buying the aluminium flight case as the gig bag supplied doesn't offer a lot of protection.

Here's a link to the Streamline in action last weekend. The sound is from my backline only with EQ flat on the bass with a slight low mid boost on the amp. Recording was done straight into the camera mic. And please excuse the playing!

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P44ilPInc5A"]https://www.youtube....h?v=P44ilPInc5A[/url]

Regards

Gaz

I had a 4 last year. Fancied one for a while.
Great quality and finish. It was one of those I couldn't get on with tho ultimately. Really wanted to as well but something didn't click.
Strange it seemed like there was too much space around the strings. Whatever that means :lol:
Definately one to try due to the non standard design shape and balance. Weird playing something so light!