Why become a member? ×

Zoom B3 LCD black out

badboy1984

I think my Zoom B3 is broken. Only had it for 3 days ......... I've bought it in a local shop in Manchester. The pedal is used but is in excellent condition.

For some reason the middle LCD gone black all for a sudden. The effect in the middle still works but you just can't see what is display. It got power to the LCD but just show black blocks.

Firmware is all up to date.

I really like the pedal and I start concerning about zoom build quality.

I've bought a B2.1U before this one and is broken, now the zoom B3 is broken too.

Edited by badboy1984

Take it back to the shop and complain? If it's a Cash Converters I think you get a few weeks within which to return faulty goods. I haven't heard of many complaints about Zoom build quality and plenty of BCers own the pedals on here.

Yeah, they told me i should get it either Friday or early next week. The B3 sits nicely at the end of my pedalboard, I like it how you have 3 stomp switch to engage the effect. Turning the knobs on the effect channel within the patch saves the setting straight away which is something I like. As long as I set the patch right at home and adjust effect setting in band practice is not a problem.

I sold one on here in A1 condition, barely used, and the poor chap had issues with the screen within about 4 weeks. Totally random. Turned off and never came back on. I have the guitar version still but it's just for fun; as much as I like these pedals I prefer having separates.

I once had a LOT of beer spilled on mine and its never had any problems. You definitely received a faulty one, and the first I've heard of! Glad you got a replacement, try not to let places mess about sending stuff away for "inspection and repair".

Edited by chrismuzz

PMT was very good. They said it will probably cost more to send it away for repair so the refund my money and ask me do I want to order a new one. I said yes and they contact zoom straight away to order the B3 for me.

The B3 i got is already got the firmware installed.