Rehearse with a no stopping when anyone makes a mistake rule

Minimise gaps between songs to no more than a couple of sentences

Warm up before you go on

Double check you instruments are in tune before you start

Take a spare t-shirt for afterwards

Look at your audience and smile a lot

Enjoy....

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1435669755' post='2811183']
Bring gaffa tape/batteries/spare leads and a spare bass (If possible) to every gig, never know when something can go down.
[/quote]

and a soldering iron :lol:

seriously though i do carry one of those small placcy flip top tool box thingys full of sort of electrical knick-knacks including but not limited to, soldering iron and solder, gaffer tap, leccy tape. connector blocks, spare fuses, mini screwdriver allen keys, a few odd screws and spare jack plugs and stuff - doesnt take up much room and leave it in the boot of the car until needed

recently proved its worth to me personally by allowing me to repair a disconnected wire inside my J knob panel and thus prevented me from having to play the entire gig on the 'other' bass (a fretless)

I notice everyone's missed something from there lists which I consider a bi critical. Some J-cloth / handkerchief / kitchen roll I cant tell you the number of ways having this on stage has saved both gear and pride .

I was playing a street party last weekend and it was hotter than hell , punters dancing around beers were flying and we were in a tent on ground level as the best part of a pint of cider went flying over the guitarists prized 1990's tap-dancing FX board 2 songs before the end .... Kitchen roll to the rescue , plus fingers and face get a bit sweaty especially if your putting your all in ,especially on small stages them stage lights are incredibly warm when there about a foot away from your face at the Rat and biscuit.