Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Boss OC-2
£65

edpirie

Classic octaver - rugged as anything and for me tracks better than any other octaver (Octabvre included). I'm just not using my pedal board at the moment and as I need the funds to pay off my new '74 Jazz this has to go - sale only. Pedal is used but not abused and works as it should. Has had velcro on the bottom but none attached at present.

Price includes UK postage, or can meet up in London for £60.

[attachment=195197:DSC09100.JPG]

Edited by edpirie

[color="#000000"]Ah, that may well be true, I was just going on other posts I’ve read here. This is the only one I’ve owned and it has the classic sub bass with -1 soloed that I was after from hearing others use them.[/color]

[color="#000000"]No label on the back – it must have been the victim of Velcro.[/color]

[quote]
Many people would like to but you keep buying them all... :lol: :lol: :lol:
GLWTS
[/quote]

Hey I sold 5 of my 9 ;). Released back into the wild :D

[quote]
Is there no label on the back?

A friend and I did a side-by-side test of a Taiwan OC2 vs Japanese OC2 'octaver' and you could hear a difference IMO. Both good though :)
[/quote]

The only real difference I hear between the Taiwan/Japanese Octave & the earlier Japanese Octaver is that the OctaveR has a slight gain drop on the clean signal. I actually prefer how the OctaveR sits in a mix, however all OC2s sound great, even the Taiwan versions.

[quote]
[color=#000000]Ah, that may well be true, I was just going on other posts I’ve read here. This is the only one I’ve owned and it has the classic sub bass with -1 soloed that I was after from hearing others use them.[/color]

[color=#000000]No label on the back – it must have been the victim of Velcro.[/color]
[/quote]

If you open up the battery compartment, there may well still be the serial number, which you can decode here:
[url="http://www.bossarea.com/serial/sndecoder.aspx"]http://www.bossarea..../sndecoder.aspx[/url]

Si

The 9VDC socket is also a help in identifying Boss pedals that have lost their label, Although the first run of MIT OC-2's had the old stock Japanese PCB's and therefore the 'Old' style 9VDC sockets.

The 'Old' Style are slightly raised and the 'New' style are totally flush:

[url="http://www.analogman.com/graphics/ds1jacks.jpg"]http://www.analogman...cs/ds1jacks.jpg[/url]

Either way there is very little difference between the two in terms of sound. GLWTS

Edited by NoirBass

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1435751133' post='2812058']
The only real difference I hear between the Taiwan/Japanese Octave & the earlier Japanese Octaver is that the OctaveR has a slight gain drop on the clean signal. I actually prefer how the OctaveR sits in a mix, however all OC2s sound great, even the Taiwan versions.
[/quote] On our test rig, the tone difference was fairly clear - no problem telling the two pedals apart in a blind test. Taiwan one was a bit "ruder", and Japanese OctaveR had a sweeter mid-range (that may be for the reason described!). Both good in different applications. But then again we only tested 2, not 9 ;)

Edited by roman_sub

[quote name='roman_sub' timestamp='1435758222' post='2812173']
On our test rig, the tone difference was fairly clear - no problem telling the two pedals apart in a blind test. Taiwan one was a bit "ruder", and Japanese OctaveR had a sweeter mid-range (that may be for the reason described!). Both good in different applications. But then again we only tested 2, not 9 ;)
[/quote]

I fully submit to your test rig, my tests were simply at gigs and 'in the field' :)

Si

OK - just checked and no serial number sticker. PSU jack is slightly raised (about 1mm), so according to NoirBass above this might indicate Japan or possibly early Taiwan. You guys are far more sophisticated about this than I am!