Why become a member? ×

NBD Dingwall Combustion

kemra

So after being a Guitar player for many years I've decided to take bass more seriously. So on Saturday I braved the torrential downpour to venture down to Bass Direct in Warwick. I had a great couple of hours trying out basses and talking about the music business and playing in general with Mark and one other customer. On a side note I thoroughly recommend a trip to Bass Direct if you need anything bass related. I went in with the idea of getting a Spector Rebop 5, I tried a few others including a Warwick Corvette Pro 5, an MTD of some description & finally a Dingwall Combustion. After a fierce battle the Dingwall won out over the MTD by a small margin and I took her home, a gorgeous 5er in Trans White on an Ash body.

[attachment=194368:11053481_10205831737166983_4997675650022316149_n.jpg]
[attachment=194369:11402959_10205831738767023_843348986282251118_n.jpg]

I've played it a fair bit since Saturday and I'm really enjoying the bass so this time I think I'm hooked and I'm going to stick with playing Bass ;)

[quote name='Iain' timestamp='1434487836' post='2800173']
Congrats & welcome to the Dingwall club! I'd planned on getting a Combustion util a trip to BD saw me buy a Z3... So much for will power!
[/quote]

Similarly, I ended up with an AB1 instead of a combustion! But I still want a combustion too!

Welcome to the club!!

Ha - I was the other customer - and I bought the other Combustion! What a fantastic instrument - really flexible, superb tone & build quality..

Drove home wondering whether I had done the right thing because I had seen and played the Super J. Next morning emailed Mark who has kindly taken back the unplayed Combustion, my Gretsch Broadkaster (now for sale on at BD and a great, great instrument), paid the balance and am now the very proud owner of this.

[attachment=194492:SJ5Front.jpg]