Why become a member? ×

Hartke bass attack

jezzaboy

Just ordered one of these from Amazon. Going to use it into the effects return of my Ashdown and get all my eq from the pedal.

Any one else use it this way and have you any tips? I play in an acdc covers band so looking for some rock and even some roll!

Edited by jezzaboy

It is really brilliant but beware the shape control does really give a big volume boost (not something to hit mid song unless the audience need waking up). Have a rattle through the preset examples in the manual to give you an idea of the sounds its capable of- which are tonnes! I use it on all the time for a classic rock tone and hit the shape control for GNR & maiden type grit & clank when I need it.

[quote name='A.G.E.N.T.E.' timestamp='1434734937' post='2802382']
The controls are not very obvious and took me some time to get along with it.

[/quote]

Yes, agreed. I love mine when messing about in my studio or playing at rehearsals, but I'm useless at RTFM (just bone idle I'm afraid) so using it in live situations can be dicey.

I tend to fall back on my Sansamp BDDI Deluxe because once I've programmed the pre-sets it's pretty much fire & forget.

The Bass Attack is notably cheaper than the BDDI Deluxe, and used properly ( :rolleyes: ) would probably represent better VFM.