Why become a member? ×

led fret markers?

jassbass

You can get UV reactive stick on versions if you want cheap.

Or you can trust someone like SIMS to install them properly. Be prepared to hand over enough cash to buy a new Mexican Fender though.

If you want someone to drill holes in the neck of your favourite bass without ruining it - there is "do it properly", or there is "do it cheap."

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1433310029' post='2789874']
fretfx.com
[/quote]

This. Works well and a reversible mod. Cheaper than doing a Sims job. I have blue ones on my Modulus. Very helpful.

I started building a baritone guitar with LED fret markers - probably be a long time before I finish it, but the basic method is as follows:

Make the fingerboard > drill holes for LEDs > rout a channel for the wiring running down the back of the fingerboard > drill holes through the side of the fingerboard for fibre optic wire > wire together and test LEDs > encase wiring in epoxy resin.

It's time consuming, fiddly and probably not the answer that you are after. However, it's cheaper than retrofitting a guitar with a SIMS neck and following this method you could potentially replace the fingerboard on an existing (spare & cheap) guitar neck.