Why become a member? ×

NBD Anaconda content

artisan

nipped to see Drew at GBBL this morning to trade my 5 string for a 4 string as i just cannot cope with the extra string,i can play a 5 string ok but just can't get comfortable with one,so much as i loved the bass it was time to say bye bye.
I went with the intention of buying a Jazz clone,either a Sandberg or a very nice Overwater,played loads of basses when Drew passed me the Anaconda & that was it really,job done,the other basses were very nice but not as nice as this little beauty.
It plays beautifully,especially now i've set it up how i like 'em,& sounds wonderfull with its Bartolini + Glockenklang 3 band eq.
construction is excellent & it weighs bugger all despite having an Ash body.
And as for the fingerboard,i've has wenge boards before but never ones with grain like this,bloody lovely.
Gigging tonight so it'll gets it's first outing.
ok some pic's

Thanks guys,it is indeed a very nice bass,however after getting it home I found that I just didn't gel with it for some reason so I took it back to GBBL & swapped it for another bass I had been eyeing up.
So I am now the proud owner of a lovely Overwater Jazz bass,3tsb,shell blocks & white binding :)
It's bloody lovely,I'll put a new NBD thread when I get chance.

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1432574218' post='2782860']
...I took it back to GBBL & swapped it for another bass I had been eyeing up.
[/quote]

So now you've swapped it, I can say the shape makes it look like it's got a pair of buttocks. :D