Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender Precision Custom Shop Pino Palladino Signature
£2700

Good afternoon one and all.

I just made the classic error of, having made the decision to sell this bass, to have a play on it. Bad move!
My heart really wants to keep it, but my head says no as I would like to free up some capital.
I then went on to take some photos for this listing and found my digital camera's battery to be as flat as a pancake.
It seems fate is not with me today, but I'm going to list it anyway and add the photos later this afternoon.

I'm sure this bass needs no introduction and I hope the people that have had previous contact with it don't mind me mentioning them.

It was originally sold to its first owner through Bass Gear. As I understand it, the Pino had barely been set up by the time it's owner had eyes on other basses of interest. He then bought another Custom Shop bass and this one remained unused. It then came to BC user Chiliwailer, who is known to be partial to a Fender or three, by way of a trade. Chiliwailer happened to mention that he was getting this Pino and might consider selling it. I think I turned up at his house, cash in hand, within about 24 hours. That's probably a slight exaggeration, but you get the idea. That was almost twelve months ago.

I later asked Bass Gear regarding the warranty, which hadn't been set up and they had this to say about this very bass:

"That really is a great bass. It's a small margin of difference, but I think it's the nicest of the three that we've had in here :)"

I never did get around to setting up the warranty :-)

Barring the fact that it's a Custom Shop relic, the bass remains mint, as does the case which contains all the candy (untouched).

The Custom Shop certificate is dated "11/21/13".

It is currently strung with Thomastik Infeld flats which Chiliwailer supplied and fitted. They were my introduction to that particular string and they really are great. They suit this Custom Shop bass a treat.

The asking price is exactly what I paid Chiliwailer for it. I cannot recommend trying this Precision highly enough. I am confident you will not be disappointed.

I would very much prefer personal collection or would be willing to travel (within reason) to deliver.

I'm not adverse to a partial trade, but as I've said, I'm looking to raise some capital, so there would have to be some cash coming my way also.

Payment - direct transfer or cash. No PayPal thank you.

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

Replied.

Just for the record, I am aware that Thomann's price for one of these is not far over £2.7k. Elsewhere (GAK for example, list at in excess of £3k).

This bass has been through the hands of someone who knows more than a few things about Fenders and has been found to be without issue.

It is essentially a new bass with the added piece of mind in knowing that it is sound.

I am not looking to make anything out of it and am happy to travel to deliver it (within reason).

Photo's here....

[url="http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/hackenbacker/library/Fender%20Custom%20Shop/Pino?sort=3&page=1"]http://s1259.photobu...o?sort=3&page=1[/url]

For some reason I cannot upload them, even after trying two different computers.

I really don't know what's going on with my computers. I was fine posting pics until my desk top went belly up. I've been using my sons laptop and also his desk top and neither of them will behave. I'm also finding issues with typing posts. It's almost as if the keys are sticking, but both are brand new.

Is there something a PC should be installed with to make the best of Basschat?

[quote name='divineinventionband' timestamp='1431366843' post='2770573']
If the deal does not work out would you trade for. Custom Shop 60's Jazz, stacked knob, case and candy and certificate . I would travel to meet you in person if interested.
[/quote]
I'll keep you in mind should it not happen.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1431452610' post='2771548']
some ones Mrs must of said no then lol glwts mate
[/quote]
To be fair, it's a lot of dosh to weigh out, but supremely worth it IMHO. Mrs.Hackenbacker didn't think to ask how much it was until after I had bought it. Schoolgirl error :-)

Surprised to see this one still here. I've had the pleasure of playing it and it is everything you'd ever expect it to be, wonderful in absolutely every aspect and faultless.

A very lucky Basschatter will be getting a killer bass from a true gentleman. Good luck with the sale Warren.

Edit - after just reading Warrens OP, thought I'd chip in that this bass was owned from new by a close friend of mine for a short time, purely because he temporarily went back to Jazz Basses after a bought of good old fashioned GAS. I received it in a trade but having been well covered in the P Bass department and needing the cash I sold it on to Warren. To reiterate, this is a stunner IMHO.

Edited by Chiliwailer