Why become a member? ×

Alternative (conventional design) to the MarkBass LittleMark2 sound

gillento

[quote name='gillento' timestamp='1428610456' post='2743092']
Well, as strange at it sounds, the db750 did not "work" as well as the LM2 in this context..... :(
[/quote]

Really...?? can't get my head round that. Mine slaughters my TH500..and as much as I don't
really want to say it, it really really does. Never been a fan of LM amps when pushed..
and funnily enough I preferred the 'honesty' of the Thunderfunk when playing loud...in that
if you like the sound at low volumes, which I did, it produced it higher up the volumes scale.
And this is what the DB750 does... it doesn't change or degrade like I felt the Markbass LM did
and to a lesser degree, the TH does as well. IMO,.

[quote name='gillento' timestamp='1427292973' post='2728405']
The LM is class AB.
As I wrote, I do not intend to bash either class D, AB, D ..... or switching power supplies.
[/quote]

The Twos are and the threes used to be but the LM3 are now Class D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why not get a LMII? I know your first post said it was "[color=#141414][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]that can be more easily repaired". [/font][/color]I never had one bit of trouble from mine & had it for 7 years & Markbass seem to have a good rep for fixing any that do fail & they also offer a back up head.
By "headroom", what do you mean? I never found it lacking in available volume & you've said that volume isn't an issue. Is it more in a physical sense so you can sit some rack effects on top of it?