Why become a member? ×

Dearmond Starfire - Hollowbody Bass

tayste_2000

Right so the story goes I have 2 of these and one of them is for sale but both are available so which ever sells first, I'm keeping the other. So I have one in red and one in black and I will explain about each below.

Black - This one I bought recently here and there is a problem with the pickups, when I got it the pickups were wired out of phase so I've had that fixed but they are very low output around 3kohms each which end up shunting each other down to about 1.5kohms which is much lower than the standard 5-15kohms most pickups are. It also has 2 holes drilled for what was originally coil splitters and series/parallel, so these holes I have put switches in that don't do anything to improve the asthetic. Soundwise acoustically this is the better of the 2 basses but it doesn't sound that great plugged in if this is the bass that doesn't sell I'm going to slap darkstars in so I recommend if you want to buy this, get this over the red one as it's in better physical condition and once you put the darkstars in it should kick some serious arse. Bare in mind Darkstars are a direct replacement pickup so no routing to be done just some holes to be drilled which are always covered by the pickup surrounds regardless of which pickup you have in it - Sold Pending Payment

Red - This bass sounds fantastic and to me has more mojo than the black one, it just feels a bit nicer to play but that could be because this is strung with Overwater flats and the other just has bog standard rounds on. It has a few dings here and there but very minor and small but it looks a bit dirtier than the black one and the rear pick up is missing a bit of the gold foil but this is the real player bass where as the black one is the display piece. - Withdrawn due to sale of other bass

Both come fitted with schaller straplocks and will include a fender softcase that fits them perfectly, I will also offer you a choice of strings you can have the old rounds or the flats on which ever you get, I highly recommend coming round to try them and you've not lived till you've played a short scale hollowbody which is closer to the original Guild Starfire than the Guild RI was, so it's you choice - Display piece?, Darkstar project? Funky little hollowbody.

I'll get pictures up tonight I forgot to charge the batteries last night.

Cheers

Edited by tayste_2000

What a wonderful opportunity, the creation of a Darkstar Dearmond Starfire!

Sadly impending Uni means that I've presently got 7 basses put aside for selling at the moment so buying another AND investing in upgrading it would be complete and utter madness (why oh why is my mind straying to the possibility of trades - doh).

Mind you the fact that one of these hasn't been grabbed yet is also complete madness :)

Edited by GreeneKing

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='274178' date='Sep 1 2008, 12:32 AM']Offers?[/quote]
Would you be interested in a swop of the Red one for my Fender Urge Bass?

Link to original sale

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16336&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16336&hl=[/url]

Regards

Will.