Why become a member? ×

Status Energy

jmanfunk

Atfer several years out in the cold at Uni, I've finally got regular gigs so I need to finance a new rig. I bought this to see what all the graphite talk was about and I am very, very impressed. I can see why they have such a following. For a bass which is 10+ years old, it's in [i]very[/i] good condition. There are a few very minor marks on the body mainly on the main contact areas on the back and a slight depression over the neck pup where the previous owner rested his thumb. It plays flawlessly with very little fret wear and the set up is low; very low without any audible buzzes. Exactly what you'd expect from a Status. Electronics are all in working order too.

Comes with fresh D'Addario strings and a Status padded gig bag.

Its an early nineties model with-

[list]
[*]Walnut nody
[*]Graphite neck
[*]2x Status hyperactive J style pups.
[/list]

More pics on request.

[u][b]£410 incl. postage[/b][/u]

Cheers guys,

Jay

Edited by jmanfunk

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='262798' date='Aug 14 2008, 10:56 PM']That's a nice one! What happened to the screws out of the control plate on the back? :)[/quote]

My, we do have an eagle eye :huh:. I was changing the battery at the time and checking over the electronics. They are securely back in place now.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='263943' date='Aug 17 2008, 01:49 PM']Someone will snap this one up pretty soon. It's a lovely looking bass, so best of luck with the sale :)[/quote]

[quote name='Stan_da_man' post='263995' date='Aug 17 2008, 04:07 PM']I've one (in mahogany) and it is a great bass. Don't sell it - it's too good to sell![/quote]

Thanks guys, I'm starting to reconsider! :huh:

Nice instrument !

I used to have the 5-string version - with a bit of tweaking I could get a nice rickenbacker-like clang as well as the more usual jazz-like tones.

The price is a steal - good luck !

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='267317' date='Aug 21 2008, 07:48 PM']Looks great - if I hadn't just shelled out on some new amplification and a Status neck - I'd be in the market for this.

So have a bump.[/quote]
welcome to the statii-stingray club :) when you expecting delivery?