Why become a member? ×

Anyone ever played an Ampeg Isovent?

molan

[quote name='bennifer' post='262002' date='Aug 13 2008, 10:36 PM']....Not sure I quite understand it... is the 15 at the bottom facing out the back of the cab?....[/quote]
This is a 4 speaker cab; 2x10's and 2x15's. The two 15's are mounted face to face, "clam shelled", and wired out of phase, so that a push-pull effect is achieved. Apparently the cab had a great low end but was extremely heavy.

I haven't heard one but the theory is fairly straightforward. The isobaric 2x15" has the same frequency response as a 1x15" in twice the cab size (i.e. it goes very low) but the sensitivity is 6dB lower so it won't play anywhere near as loud as you'd expect. Compared to a normal 2x15" the sensitivity is 9dB lower but the cab only has to be 1/4 the size to go as low.

Alex

[quote name='joegarcia' post='262127' date='Aug 14 2008, 02:03 AM']Yea, i'm interested in that one on Ebay too. Have always been intrigued by them, they look awesome. They are indeed mega heavy though. Theres one in Rikaxxe in Bristol but he wants loads for it I think.[/quote]

What happened to the EBay listing?

I spotted it the other day & it had a few days to run but it seems to have disappeared!

[quote name='molan' post='262892' date='Aug 15 2008, 07:29 AM']What happened to the EBay listing?

I spotted it the other day & it had a few days to run but it seems to have disappeared![/quote]

Someone probably read your OP and thought 'I'll have that, thank you very much' :huh:

I'm 'semi' kidding, but it's always a risk when you ask a question on an open forum like this as there are likely to be an awful lot of folk that are quite prepared to dive in if the opportunity arises. In fact they may never actually post... just sit and watch :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='263254' date='Aug 15 2008, 05:11 PM']Someone probably read your OP and thought 'I'll have that, thank you very much' :huh:

I'm 'semi' kidding, but it's always a risk when you ask a question on an open forum like this as there are likely to be an awful lot of folk that are quite prepared to dive in if the opportunity arises. In fact they may never actually post... just sit and watch :)[/quote]

It's back on now - It definitely wasn't showing this morning though - however, Friday AM is EBay's administration time and things often go awry!