Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble 500 - Considering A Change?

spongebob

Well now, here's a thing... I very much like the idea of the Fender Rumble 500 and I like the spec. But I've already got a great bass head that I like a lot, in the form of the GB Streamliner 900. Now the thing is... How about I use that with a newly-bought Fender Rumble V3 210 Cabinet with Eminence Ceramics that weighs 20kg, for just £265..? OK it's 5kg or so heavier and a little bigger than the combo, but I'd be saving £151 on the purchase price for a little rig which surely can't sound too bad, can it..? What have I missed? Would there be a better cab for the job, at this price point..?

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_rumble_210_cabinet_v3.htm"]http://www.thomann.d..._cabinet_v3.htm[/url]

Edited by discreet

I'm not sure how much of that new Rumble sound actually comes from the amp. If that's what your looking for?
I have a shuttle 6 that sounds very different to the rumble.Like chalk and cheese :) Both nice in their own way. The Rumble sounds a lot more aggressive and punchier and warmer to my ear and that's what I like with this combo.
As a stand alone cab I have no idea how they sound.

I've just ordered a the 115 cab to go with my 500.

The 500 has got bags of go on it's own, but I couldn't resist the cab as an addition for bigger venues, and a larger tone.

Loads of people over on Talkbass are using this set-up, seems to be really good.

I've even joined the Rumble Club....!