Why become a member? ×

my jazz....

marcus bell

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='261791' date='Aug 13 2008, 06:15 PM']The Tort guard is all I'd do to it. If you love the sound, there's not much point in changing the bridge. Are you going to use the thumb rest or is it going to just get in the way, Marcus?

Rich.[/quote]

+1.

My MIA Jazz is a mirror of this pretty Squier. Anyone know where to get the US style TS pickguards with the truss rod cut out? (sorry for the hi-jack)

[quote name='budget bassist' post='266022' date='Aug 20 2008, 01:24 AM']I don't think a new nut will make a huge difference to be honest if the old one is fine, just wait til it wears out.
Also that looks pretty nice, i've always liked 3TS jazzes without pickguards, very jaco-ish. I'm GASing for a jazz right now too... grr[/quote]

+1 on the nut - remember a new nut will only contribute to the tone when you play open strings.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

oh nice one :) i love ashdown stuff

As for me, my ashdown head blew up, haha (i still have it) so i bought an ABM300, sounds f****n brilliant!
Sold everything else apart from my warwick corvette $$ (again, f****n amazing :lol: ) and my musicman project bass, which, in fairness, nobody would want to buy anyway :lol: There's a link in my sig to my progress, did a bit more today if you care to have a look :rolleyes:

the olp looks fantastic buddy...
love the fact youve done it all yourself, how much was the preamp?

also yeah im kind of reducing all my gear to the high end stuff i love, the sound i love is mark king influenced with my own tinge!

ill have to get a recording up...mark king did a track called the essential which is like 18-19 minutes long throughout it he uses jaydee and status basses, im going to record the whole thing using the correct basses for the correct parts then put it up here, should be fun! x